4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Did my own acrylic backfills today!!!

Okay, when we were getting ready for the cruise, I got a pedicure so I could be comfortable wearing sandles. While I was there I decided to get a manicure, but I had a broken nail, so they suggested I get overlays. They could tip the one broken nail and overlay them all so my polish would stay on longer. They looked really nice when finished. Two weeks later, of course, I needed backfills. Didn't want to pay the $20, but went ahead, just once, then figured, I'd remove the acrylic and go back to my ordinary nails in two weeks. Well, I really liked having nicer looking nails, and here we are, time for backfills again.

All the nail places looked really crowded yesterday, before Easter, and really didn't want to pay $20 every two weeks ($520/year) for pretty nails. Sooooo, I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and bought an acrylic nails starter kit, $20, and got a little battery powered nail thing, like a Dremel, at HEB Plus for about $7. There's enough acrylic powder in the starter kit for probably 4 months or more of backfills. There was even a little DVD enclosed to show you how to do it.

Early this afternoon, I decided to give it a try. I didn't do as good a job as a professional, but I'm pleased with the results. Hubby says they look nice, too. I even put a couple of little stars on my ring fingers. Not sure what the nail salon would have charged to add those. I'm sure I'll get better with more practice, so for now, I'll keep the acrylic.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32

Last edited by Marilyn; 04-12-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote