4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-18-2010, 03:25 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Well......LOL....I blew it! rofl We were going to go use the gift card last night, but it was so crowded. The restaurant has openings in to where the bar is and when it's that crowded the wait is forever and the cigarette smoke from the bar goes into the dining area. Since I quit smoking (almost 3 years ago) I just can't hardly take that in an enclosed area any more. So we went for pizza. I wish I would eat slow and not so darn much. My goodness, I ate 1/3 of the pizza and 4 breadsticks with cheese. What the heck is wrong with me????? Half way through the meal I remembered I should slow down my eating....duh!!! Oh well, I'll try to do better today, because I still feel full.

Sometimes I think my best bet to lose would be trying to get on The Biggest Loser. LOL
Old 04-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #17
MaddieBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Well......LOL....I blew it! rofl We were going to go use the gift card last night, but it was so crowded. The restaurant has openings in to where the bar is and when it's that crowded the wait is forever and the cigarette smoke from the bar goes into the dining area. Since I quit smoking (almost 3 years ago) I just can't hardly take that in an enclosed area any more. So we went for pizza. I wish I would eat slow and not so darn much. My goodness, I ate 1/3 of the pizza and 4 breadsticks with cheese. What the heck is wrong with me????? Half way through the meal I remembered I should slow down my eating....duh!!! Oh well, I'll try to do better today, because I still feel full.

Sometimes I think my best bet to lose would be trying to get on The Biggest Loser. LOL
Your attitude is so good Janet! You should never beat yourself up for falling off the wagon. Just trying to do better the next day is a great outlook and will serve you well
Old 04-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #18
Janet

Thank you Maddie....I try...LOL....I try.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #19
paula1961

Like ya said Janet........you can try to do better today. Good luck. Wish me luck too, I'm trying to quit smoking!!!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #20
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I think it's ok to blow it every once in a while, as long as you get back down to business asap
Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #21
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula1961 View Post
Like ya said Janet........you can try to do better today. Good luck. Wish me luck too, I'm trying to quit smoking!!!
Oh WOW! I think Janet did that just a few years ago - she's sure to chime in with her experiences. I've never smoked so I don't have a clue.

Good Luck!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #22
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula1961 View Post

You go girl!!! I posted on your other thread. We'll all be your cheerleaders...you can do it!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #23
Janet

I'm still working on it, but didn't do good this evening...darn it. I like eating!!! (and not the good for you food) LOL Why in the world did I buy those Pizza Rolls to begin with?????
Old 04-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #24
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, you CAN do this!! You are so good about sticking with what you start!!! Now go get you some carrot sticks to snack on!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #25
paula1961

Janet, just start over again tomorrow. I have been eating everything in sight lately If you like a snack with a little kick...........I like baked tostitos with salsa. It's pretty low in fat. Good luck girl! You can do it!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #26
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Hey Janet! When you need a sweet fix, take a pack of fat free cream cheese, a tub of free Cool Whip, and a cup of Splenda. Mix it with a mixer and eat it as a fruit dip. Apple is my favorite. It's yummy!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #27
MaddieBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
Hey Janet! When you need a sweet fix, take a pack of fat free cream cheese, a tub of free Cool Whip, and a cup of Splenda. Mix it with a mixer and eat it as a fruit dip. Apple is my favorite. It's yummy!!!
That sounds AMAZING! So trying that!

Another sweet treat I like lately is sugar-free jello (5-10 calories in a quarter of a pack!!) and some fat free cool-whip. If you use orange jello it tastes like a creamsicle and if you use lemon its kinda like lemon meringue pie (minus the pie )
Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #28
Janet

I don't know what happened, but I totally blew it yesterday. I ate so much I need smacked!..lol So this morning I had some Fiber One cereal, toast and orange juice. Hopefully I'll do better today.

Diana...I've always been able to do anything I set my mind to do....except when it comes to eating. I eat when I'm happy, sad, depressed, and boredom. I love to eat and it's so hard not to. Bad part is I really like the bad stuff.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #29
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

You know what Janet, controlling your eating is really really hard! Think about it. When you stop smoking, you stop and you don't physically need a cigarette (after you get past the physical aspect of addition). Same with drugs, alcohol, etc. You can just not smoke, not drink, not take drugs.

BUT you CANNOT go without food - you HAVE to eat, it's not something you can give up cold turkey and say, I will never eat a bite of anything again.

So, this makes controlling your eating doubly hard. It's true, controlling your eating may be much more difficult that any thing else.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:15 AM   #30
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have been eating Lean Cuisine for lunches and dinners, and all of these low fat, 100 calories snacks for about 3 or 4 weeks. I cheat OFTEN! For example, I went to Kingston on Tuesday, so I had my McDonald's. I'm losing, but veeerrrryyyy slowly.

I kind of like having a lo cal meal all ready in 5 minutes, but once I am outside, real food is so enticing!

Keep it up, Janet! I'm not going for thin anymore - just thinner! Keep your goals small and cheat every so often. Or, were you going for the bikini look? I'm not!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote