4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #16
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I am surprised that the pharmacy didnt include the labels on bottle and a pamplet telling you about the drug. I thought that was a given with all pharmacies... Oh boy..

I am glad that he is feeling better and his blood pressurre is responding to medicine.. I love Breakfast and I never take anything on empty stomach unless its tells you to. I hope Gary is doing what he is suppose to now..

Gina, it the drug pamphlet DOES say "take with food", but you see, for a HARD-HEADED MAN (yes, I was shouting) who doesn't like to eat breakfast, well, if you aren't eating breakfast, then you can't take your pills with food, now can you (silly wabbit!). It was his way of rationalizaiton, don't want to eat, gotta take pills, opps! can't take them with food, but that will be OK!

I thought take with food meant that more of the drug would be absorbed, like calcium, more is absorbed if taken with food. In the case of this drug, however, it meant that food would "cushion" the effects and especially the side effects (fatigue, weakness, dizziness) to not occur.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #17
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Gayle, how I can sympathize with you. Glad Gary's pressure came down.
HUSBANDS??? Mine is stubborn also. Went to the Dr. today and his blood pressure was way to high, she added another prescription so he will be taking 3 pills a day instead of one. He can't keep his hands off of the salt shaker and will not listen to anybody as he is a "know it all".
We have been married 20 years and I still like the old guy too.
Guess we will have to go back to the Vent forum.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #18
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Rod just got home, did not take the new medication, which is Clonidine, checked his blood pressure and it is normal.