4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #16
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Whew! Thank goodness he was diagnosed and is being taken good care of. I am so sorry your vacation didn't go well, but as long as he is okay......

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #17
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh My! My sweet hubby is in an Ambian (sleeping pill) coma. LOL! Poor baby. Ambian just knocks him out. He'll be snoring till noon or later! He always has trouble sleeping but he takes Lunesta when he needs it which doesn't just knock him out. I don't know why they gave him Ambian.

I have class this afternoon at 4:00. I hope his cardiologist who has been out of town comes by before I leave. I think he is better today, but he's so sleepy, I'm not sure!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

doctor came by - all is well - he'll probably go home tomorrow afternoon or Thurs morning.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
DIANE W

Gayle I am so relieved and glad that Gary is getting better.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #20
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well another doc came by and is worried that gary's abdomen is still pretty big (when he is fluid overloaded, he carries the fluid in his belly) and his belly seems harder than normal. So she is going to run an ultrasound of his abdomen. I think it feels harder than usual too. Sure hope something else is not wrong!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #21
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Gayle, I'm just reading that your trip didn't go as expected. I'm glad to hear that Gary's better but still going to have to do some more tests. You go through so much with him.......Hugs to you!!!! Gary will be in my prayers!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #22
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

The fluid is all gone, but his abdomen is still distended. They did the ultrasound today but we haven't gotten the results yet. He can go home tomorrow, IF nothing is wrong with his abdomen. I'm ready to be done with hospitals too, although the care has been very good.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #23
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Gayle, glad to hear Gary is feeling better. Praying that he continues so he can go home tomorrow, I bet you are exhausted.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #24
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes Lynne, I am exhausted. But tomorrow will be much better work-wise tomorrow and Fri. so that will help.

I'm not convinced that something else is not going on here, but there's no reason to sit in the hospital.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #25
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Well that's scary! I wonder what the heck is wrong?

You and Gary stay strong!
Old 10-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #26
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
Well that's scary! I wonder what the heck is wrong?
His abdomen is just too distended and hard for there not to be something going on - but maybe it's just gas or something, although he has bowel sounds meaning his bowels are working - but maybe he is accumulating gas in there. He is not hurting though, and you would think he would be hurting if it were gas.

I just don't know but things are not right in his belly - since the ultrasound didn't show anything, maybe it will be OK soon and I should stop worrying.

He got up to walk without oxygen and his oxygen number dropped to 83 - it is supposed to be above 90, and that makes everyone nervous. But we have an oxygen monitor at home and his oxygen drops to 85 when he walks for any length of time - so this is not that much worse. He gets more short of breath than usual, and I think that is normal for all the stress that has been put on his heart.

Yet, I can't help but worry that something else is going on.......
Old 10-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #27
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

It's hard not to worry. Impossible in fact. Is Gary eating? It seems like his stomach would be hurting since it's like it is. Hmmm. Liver function ok? Mikes gut twisted once and he was distended but it hurt, and he had no bowel sounds. Gosh, it's mind boggling, but I can't help but try to figure it out.

Do you have the feeling that something is really wrong?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:16 AM   #28
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

His liver function is fine and they checked his liver by ultrasound. I don't think anything is badly wrong or he would be in pain or having other symptoms. Yet his abdominal distension is not right. Sigh.

We haven't seen any docs today, of course. Hopefully he can go home today!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #29
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Maybe somebody will come by soon and send him home.

Is he pregnant?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #30
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
Maybe somebody will come by soon and send him home.

Is he pregnant?

LOL! His pulmonary doc asked him if he was "24 weeks along"! Gary just cracked up!

The heart doc came by and we have been paroled. Whoo Hooo!

BUT it is still all such a mystery as to why this happened. His echocardiogram showed that his heart function is exactly like it was before all this happened last weekend (which is much better than in the past few years). This makes all his symptoms even more puzzling. His cardiologist contends that this was probably caused by a virus and he did have a fever, but no other respiratory symptoms. Now, he did feel very badly so maybe that was due to the virus.

He is still very short of breath with activity and he'll have to use oxygen all the time till whatever this is goes away. His cardiologist seems to think this will pass pretty quickly. I sure hope so cuz he is not a happy camper when he has to use oxygen during the day.