4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 12-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #16
Lissa

Guys are always so hard to get things for!!! Last year I knew what I wanted to get him ahead of time, but I didn't figure out what to get him til last week. I got him a new wallet and the Band of Brothers series on DVD, the second one's loaded though, I wanted it for myself and since his stuff and my stuff will become our stuff in June, I figured it wouldn't hurt =P, plus he loves WW2 stuff.

I'm excited though, I actually get to use a good reliable oven to bake a cheesecake for Christmas!!! The last ones I had to use were either propane fueled or 40 years old.

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #17
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
We're going to spend today cleaning and organizing the house. I have people coming tomorrow for one of my boy puppies in the morning, and we go to my brothers in the evening for our family Christmas party.

I have everything wrapped, never did get Christmas cards done... First time EVER that I didn't do those! No real excuse since I have cards, stamps, and so on hand... I just couldn't get myself to do it!

I'm so glad dh is home and willing to help with the heavier stuff. I do plan to kick the boys in the rear and get them to help too since much of the mess is theirs.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Hi Melissa!!! You are doing better than me...I didn't even know you 'baked' a cheesecake. Ha Ha Ha

I always bought the kind that comes in a box, I just mix it up and put it in the fridge...

Is the WW2 stuff the wrestling? My son loves that too.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #19
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

<waving hi to Melissa> Ltns .. glad to see you back...

To be honest this year, don't laugh my husband doesn't want any more clothes. He is not into gadgets. Soo I just brought him underwear and socks lol he needs socks desperatly. Thats it!! I told him I really didn't want anything either...My hubby will put something under the tree for me..

Sheryl it sounds like your going to have a romantic Christmas just the two of you <wink > crack open the wine and light the fire girlfriend..lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:54 PM   #20
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
...... I just brought him underwear and socks.........
I've always threatened to just give my family sock and underwear, but I've never done it!!!! That's funny, Gina!!!! I bet that he won't be showing off to the guys what he got for Christmas!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #21
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
Guys are always so hard to get things for!!! Last year I knew what I wanted to get him ahead of time, but I didn't figure out what to get him til last week. I got him a new wallet and the Band of Brothers series on DVD, the second one's loaded though, I wanted it for myself and since his stuff and my stuff will become our stuff in June, I figured it wouldn't hurt =P, plus he loves WW2 stuff.

I'm excited though, I actually get to use a good reliable oven to bake a cheesecake for Christmas!!! The last ones I had to use were either propane fueled or 40 years old.
Hey, Melissa!!! It's good to have you back on here!!! How's the wedding plans coming!!! I've missed you and your guy!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 08:58 PM   #22
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
.....I have everything wrapped, never did get Christmas cards done... First time EVER that I didn't do those! No real excuse since I have cards, stamps, and so on hand... I just couldn't get myself to do it!.....
I just got mine mailed today. I figure that even if they get them late that's alright!! Better late than never! Go ahead and fill them out and send them after Christmas. I've done that too!! Or just save them until next year!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #23
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Diana I threw in two pairs of pjs too...LMAO
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #24
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Diana I threw in two pairs of pjs too...LMAO
Good thing!!!!!! Now he has something he can tell his buddies about!!!!! LOL

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #25
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
Good thing!!!!!! Now he has something he can tell his buddies about!!!!! LOL
LOL, you two are hilarious!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:07 AM   #26
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

I guess that's one good thing about not having a husband--don't have to worry about what to buy him.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #27
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I love the Goonies!!!!!!!! I haven't seen that movie in years!
Kyle and I exchanged our presents on Thursday night because I was coming home for Christmas with my parents.
Kyle wasn't too hard to buy for... Our football team won the Grey Cup (Canada's superbowl) this year, and he had been wanting a zip-up hoody, so I got him one with the team name and stuff on it, and he has worn it every day since! I also gave him a little certificate I made on my computer that said "This certificate is redeemable for $100 from the Bank of Lindsey to be used towards getting a tattoo at the location and from the artist of your choice." He has this tiny little tattoo on his arm (that his friends make fun of!) that he got when he was 18 from a crappy little tattoo shop in Winnipeg that ripped him off pretty bad. He has wanted another one for so long but he just hasn't done it. I thought of going to a place and getting a certificate but I thought I'll let him pick the place by himself. I also put a little note that it must be redeemed by March 30, 2008, because if he doesn't get it by then, he won't get one! He spends his whole summer wakeboarding and he'd wreck a new tattoo in the lake!
I LOVED what he got me. I've got a tiny little obsession with Victoria Beckham and he got me her book and I've read the whole thing already. He also got me a gift certificate from this little music place near my house for 10 guitar lessons! I've had my guitar for about 5 years but I can barely play it and I don't have the money to take lessons. I'm so excited to start!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #28
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's a very nice gift Lindsey!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #29
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Brendon really loved his gifts! I hope everyone else's hubby did as well!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #30
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Greg was very pleased with his gifts. He said the inverter was exactly the right size and type thank goodness. The faux security cameras just cracked him up. He got them mounted right away. So this year I did good!