4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 09-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Martini
I am a Jazzercise instructor. It's really fun and a great workout. It's dance aerobics with choreographed routines to all different music. A regular class usually is 30-40 minutes of aerobics and the remainder is muscle work and stretching. Classes are usually 1 hour. You can try your first class for free. To find a class near you go to www.jazzercise.com and click on find a class.
I love to dance and did have a Jazzercise record album (you can tell how old it is) LOL..a long time ago, but I checked the site you recommended and I don't think there are any in Indiana. I tried a couple nearby cities too, but nothing. I wouldn't want to travel far anyway.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #17
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I seem to remember Jazzercize tapes. Aren't there CD's or DVD's available?

By the way, glad to see that some of you are beginning to workout, trying to workout or at least thinking about it. There are some days when I just don't have time to do a full workout, but I try to at least walk or something. Anything, even if it is just a few minutes is better than nothing.

To those of you who are under 40. Believe me, it sneaks up on you. You think hey, I don't look too bad, but when you hit 40, something happens. It's like the next day, something happens. And you are like, hey, why does that hurt, or where did that bulge come from, wow, why am I so tired, that never bothered me before. Or at least this has been my experience and many of my friends have expressed the same thing.

I just don't want my body preventing me from doing what I want to do for as long as I can, if there is anything that I can do about it. Ya know what I mean?
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #18
Jlynn

I don't really workout. I do go for at least 2 walks each day, anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes each time.

I joined Curves a few years ago, loved it, but could never find the time to go.
Jlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:36 AM   #19
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
I seem to remember Jazzercize tapes. Aren't there CD's or DVD's available?

By the way, glad to see that some of you are beginning to workout, trying to workout or at least thinking about it. There are some days when I just don't have time to do a full workout, but I try to at least walk or something. Anything, even if it is just a few minutes is better than nothing.

To those of you who are under 40. Believe me, it sneaks up on you. You think hey, I don't look too bad, but when you hit 40, something happens. It's like the next day, something happens. And you are like, hey, why does that hurt, or where did that bulge come from, wow, why am I so tired, that never bothered me before. Or at least this has been my experience and many of my friends have expressed the same thing.

I just don't want my body preventing me from doing what I want to do for as long as I can, if there is anything that I can do about it. Ya know what I mean?
You are right on the money Marilyn!!!! It's so funny now, but when I turned 40 it seems everthing started happening. The first real test came when my Mom (at the time she was in her early 70's) and I were out in the front yard playing with my son (4 at the time). We were being silly and he was trying to do a cartwheel. Well, I've always been able to do them before, but NO ONE told me not to do them after 40....LOLOL. I ended up pulling a muscle in the back of my leg from my behind all the way down to my ankle. We heard the most awful sound when the muscle stretched.... I was in so much pain and my Mom couldn't help me get up. My husband was at a meeting. Just so happened my husbands best friend was going by our house on his way home from work and Mom flagged him down.

He was helping me get up and asked me what I had done. I told him I was doing a cartwheel and he darn near dropped me as he laughed. Anyway I ended up in the ER and on crutches for 2 weeks. From then on...it's been downhill....LOL The good thing from all this...my Mom was going to do a cartwheel too, thank God she didn't have the chance.!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #20
Amber_lv

I have a 16 month old he is a workout!
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #21
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv
I have a 16 month old he is a workout!

Amber if a 16 month old won't give you a great workout, nothing will,

except a 2 year old...LMAO!!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:07 AM   #22
Amber_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Amber if a 16 month old won't give you a great workout, nothing will,

except a 2 year old...LMAO!!!!
LOL thats what i tell my husband hahaha! HE THINKS STAYING AT HOME IS EASY!!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:16 AM   #23
Janet

Men are so dumb!!! They really haven' t a clue. Maybe you should exchange places with him so he can see what it's really like???
Old 09-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #24
Taurus Babe

I woek out but I am a slacker. I try to eat well which is really important too. I am REALLY trying to get fit and shed some pounds cause I have a new bf that is a fireman and his got a perfect body which doesn't help my confidence levels...
But speed walking, running as long as I possibly can (10 mins...pushing it! haha) eliptical, and weights are great.
I thought to tone up we wanted low weigh/lots of reps...what's this about heavier weights??
Old 09-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #25
Amber_lv

Quote:
Men are so dumb!!! They really haven' t a clue. Maybe you should exchange places with him so he can see what it's really like???
OMG i would love it !!!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #26
Janet

He'd have you on a pedestal after the switch...go for it! Ha Ha
Old 09-19-2006, 07:26 AM   #27
Amber_lv

Quote:
He'd have you on a pedestal after the switch...go for it! Ha Ha
I know i cook, clean,pay the bills and take care of the kids he just works lol
Old 09-19-2006, 07:34 AM   #28
Janet

I would make a list of the things you do normally everyday...AND then add all kinds of things you would like to do if you had time...LOLOL He'll never be able to keep up and will be bowing down to you every evening when he walks in the door....
Old 09-19-2006, 07:39 AM   #29
Amber_lv

Quote:
I would make a list of the things you do normally everyday...AND then add all kinds of things you would like to do if you had time...LOLOL He'll never be able to keep up and will be bowing down to you every evening when he walks in the door....
He knows and when i remind him he really kisses my butt lol
Old 09-19-2006, 07:42 AM   #30
Janet

I absolutely love butt kissers....especially when it's my butt...LMAO!!