4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Site Comments & Suggestions

Old 05-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #16
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

I agree Janet.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #17
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgivenmom5 View Post
I think my little sweet innocent daughter has turned naughty!!!
Debbie, PM me and I can give you all the sorted details.

NA=NA-NA-NA-NA to you Angie little NOT

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:27 AM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Angie...I think you're in big trouble now little girl!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #19
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Angie...I think you're in big trouble now little girl!!!
Uh oh! Just don't tell Mom anything about Chicago. I'm making that a rule right here, right now.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #20
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

You better be good in Chicago young lady!!!! These nice ladies will let me know what you get into. But you can't ask our friend Tammy about what I do at the beach!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 02:17 AM   #21
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Quote:
You better be good in Chicago young lady!!!! These nice ladies will let me know what you get into. But you can't ask our friend Tammy about what I do at the beach!!!
NOT TO WORRY DEBBIE, I'LL BE THE CHAPERONE FOR THE KREW..

Kat
Old 05-11-2008, 04:12 AM   #22
Janet

And just WHO is going to be your chaperone????
Old 05-11-2008, 04:37 AM   #23
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Great question, Janet. Diana seems like a good candidate, but you never know. When Diana's out of town, no telling what happens.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:47 AM   #24
Janet

Diana......a chaperone????? I highly doubt it with the stories she has told us and their practical jokes....hmmmmm this will take some thought!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #25
AngieDoogles

I'll chaperone Kat who can chaperone me. What a great idea, right!?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 05-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #26
Janet

Oh Angie, Angie, Angie...so young and naive....
Old 05-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #27
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

O.K. I read up on it, feel better now Janet?

A chaperone (or occasionally chaperon) is an adult who accompanies or supervises one or more young, unmarried men or women during social occasions, usually with the specific intent of preventing inappropriate social or sexual interactions or illegal behavior (e.g., underage drinking or illegal drug use). The chaperone is typically accountable to a third party, usually the parents of one of the accompanied young people.
The word derives figuratively from the French word chaperon, meaning "hood", and later a kind of hat. This is either from this sense or from falconry, where the same word meant the hood placed over the head of a bird of prey to stop its desire to fly.
Traditionally, a chaperone was an older married or widowed woman accompanying a young woman when men would be present. Her presence was a guarantee of the virtue of the young woman in question. Female chaperones were also called dueñas, a Spanish word. Chaperones for young men were not commonly employed in Western society until the latter half of the 20th century.
Chaperones may be resisted and resented by the young people being supervised. The practice of one-on-one chaperones for social occasions has largely fallen out of use in Western society, though the term is often applied to parents and teachers who supervise school dances.
The concept of a chaperone is also used in variation. For example, a chaperone might be an expert in a given activity who takes a group and accompanies them during outside activities to provide physical support, advice and emergency attention if necessary. Sometimes the term is applied to people who are essentially tour guides (as were the bear-leaders of the Grand Tour in previous times). In addition, the term is used as a verb similar to "guide" (eg. "I'll chaperone you around the city and show you all the best places.")

Kat
Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #28
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles View Post
I'll chaperone Kat who can chaperone me. What a great idea, right!?
That might be real trouble!!!! Too bad I can't go. I would be the one to keep everyone straight.

I will be at the beach so I can't come back and rescue (or post bail) so you ladies better be good!
Old 05-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #29
AngieDoogles

Quote:
That might be real trouble!!!! Too bad I can't go. I would be the one to keep everyone straight.

I will be at the beach so I can't come back and rescue (or post bail) so you ladies better be good!
Well, I guess you'll just have to send bail money with me, just in case!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #30
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by katcarasella View Post
O.K. I read up on it, feel better now Janet?

A chaperone (or occasionally chaperon) is an adult who accompanies or supervises one or more young, unmarried men or women during social occasions, usually with the specific intent of preventing inappropriate social or sexual interactions or illegal behavior (e.g., underage drinking or illegal drug use). The chaperone is typically accountable to a third party, usually the parents of one of the accompanied young people.
The word derives figuratively from the French word chaperon, meaning "hood", and later a kind of hat. This is either from this sense or from falconry, where the same word meant the hood placed over the head of a bird of prey to stop its desire to fly.
Traditionally, a chaperone was an older married or widowed woman accompanying a young woman when men would be present. Her presence was a guarantee of the virtue of the young woman in question. Female chaperones were also called dueñas, a Spanish word. Chaperones for young men were not commonly employed in Western society until the latter half of the 20th century.
Chaperones may be resisted and resented by the young people being supervised. The practice of one-on-one chaperones for social occasions has largely fallen out of use in Western society, though the term is often applied to parents and teachers who supervise school dances.
The concept of a chaperone is also used in variation. For example, a chaperone might be an expert in a given activity who takes a group and accompanies them during outside activities to provide physical support, advice and emergency attention if necessary. Sometimes the term is applied to people who are essentially tour guides (as were the bear-leaders of the Grand Tour in previous times). In addition, the term is used as a verb similar to "guide" (eg. "I'll chaperone you around the city and show you all the best places.")
OK........