4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 11-10-2006, 03:36 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You ladies have been so helpful. With these suggestions, I just may start wearing makeup a little more often. It does make me feel better, look better, I don't know..LOL There are quite a few products mentioned here that I would love to try.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #17
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
The eyeliner I use is "Colorstay liquid liner" by Revlon. It comes with a soft tipped brush that's a bit like a marker, but dips in the liquid like nail polish. The brush is ver slim on the end so I can put it on in a very thin line. For someone who's as make-up UNsavvy as I am, it works well. The color I use is called Bronze brown, so it's not real dark, which is a more natural look with my coloring.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #18
abaddon248

Mineral Makeup for my foundation its great...and just avon,MAC, and alot of different ones after that. I love the Revlon Face Primer
Old 11-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #19
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Hello, abaddon248, great to have you here. We learned a lot from some of these threads. I found out about Laura Mercier makeup and have used the face primer, base and concealer ever since. They are great products!!!

My daughters use the Bare Minerals, but personally, they just don't work well for me. The powder settles in my fine lines and makes me look older. For young people, it seems to work well though.

Hope you stay around and get to know all of us. We have a really great group here!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #20
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I agree with Marilyn, I like Laura Mercer the best the bare minerals I don't care for. Happy you joined us!!!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #21
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I LOVE Bare Minerals - wouldn't use anything else. Been using it for over 10 years now. It is perfect for the hot Texas summers - you don't feel a thing. My 12 year g-daughter, 32 year old daughter, and 86 year old mom ALL use Bare Minerals!!! We should buy stock! LOL!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #22
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I tried the Bare Minerals. They just give my face no life. I don't like the powdery look on me.

I don't like foundation or powder on my skin. Right now I'm using some kind of collagen, wrinkle taker outer that's pretty good, but I may go back to a moisturizer
(generic Cetaphil) for the winter. I use blush, eye shadow, and Lancome mascara
when I want to look good. I have the eyeliner already tatooed (sp?) and I thrown on some lipstick.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:05 AM   #23
Dobie

I like the Mary Kay products.
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #24
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I tried the Bare Minerals. They just give my face no life. I don't like the powdery look on me.

I don't like foundation or powder on my skin. Right now I'm using some kind of collagen, wrinkle taker outer that's pretty good, but I may go back to a moisturizer
(generic Cetaphil) for the winter. I use blush, eye shadow, and Lancome mascara
when I want to look good. I have the eyeliner already tatooed (sp?) and I thrown on some lipstick.
Judy how is the Lancome mascara? I use L'oreal mascara but looking to try another...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:24 AM   #25
HALEY

i like my rite-aid here, they have specials, buy on get one 50% off or buy one get one free, i get anything that is on sale that i like, not to picky on make up. as long as i like it, where do i go anyways!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #26
celstu1

I use clinque eyeliner and mascara, but whenever I buy it I make sure I get the free gift, so I guess I use pretty much clinique everything. The eyeliner is so nice, it glides right on. The mascara is awesome, it stays moist and does not flake off.
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #27
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
I use clinque eyeliner and mascara, but whenever I buy it I make sure I get the free gift, so I guess I use pretty much clinique everything. The eyeliner is so nice, it glides right on. The mascara is awesome, it stays moist and does not flake off.
My daughter just bought the mascara and she too, says it is amazing and doesn't come off. I guess she is right! I bought some on her recommendation and put it on (I never wear it anymore cuz I hate raccoon eyes) and I forgot about it for TWO DAYS! Sure enough, most of it was still on and best of all, I'd had no raccoon eyes!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #28
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

I love Prescriptives. I've been using it for probably five or more years. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #29
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just switched to Olay Total Effects - Mature Skin Therapy. It sounds really depressing doesn't it? It's nice though. I like the feel of it and it kind of gives a nice glow.

I have to try that Clinique mascara. Lancome dries and does become brittle.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #30
Lyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I just switched to Olay Total Effects - Mature Skin Therapy. It sounds really depressing doesn't it? It's nice though. I like the feel of it and it kind of gives a nice glow.

I have to try that Clinique mascara. Lancome dries and does become brittle.
Hi Judy, I read your post where you said you had your eyeliner tatooed on. Did you have both upper and lower lids done? How long has it lasted? A girl from work had it done but the lower lids did not last. What a time saver in the morning!