4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Yayayay We got Janet on FarmVille.... Marilyn I got one of the guys in my office addicted to he wakes up early to farm.. lol Btw how is Farmtown ? I am on Yoville to thats fun but not as much as Farmville...
I'm on Farmville and Farmtown. On Farmtown, animals don't produce anything. They are just decorations. I like the graphics better on Farmville and have spent much more time there. I'm really just on Farmtown to be neighbors with some of my friends and family and help them out when I have time. I'm also on Island Paradise. It's cute, but again, no time for other games. I mostly help others there. Island Paradise could become adicting. It's kinda like Farmville only you're marooned on a little island. When you harvest lambs, they actually lose their wool and it grows back. They are soooo cute. Chickens and other animals start out as babies and grow to maturity. It's cute.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #17
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Marilyn by any chance did you fertilize my crops? I see that you mentioned it on FB.. If you did thank you btw how do you do that ? there is so much on there that I still don't know.. I also have a mystery box and I clicked on but I have to pay to buy it.. Wonder what it is ?
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Yayayay We got Janet on FarmVille.... Marilyn I got one of the guys in my office addicted to he wakes up early to farm.. lol Btw how is Farmtown ? I am on Yoville to thats fun but not as much as Farmville...
You all know I'd do anything for my son..and well..I am now on Farmville. It is fun so far. I don't know all about it yet, but I guess I'm going to learn....lol. I really didn't want to find something else to get addicted to, but I jumped in with both feet...LOLOL

Diana....we're coming after you next..after all..you are the farm girl!!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Na.....I get enough of farming in real life......I don't need the pretend stuff!!!! If anyone wants to REALLY farm.....you're more than welcome to come and play!!!!

Glen wants to know, from those of you who play, if you can get your beans cut yet?.....And also, is your combine leaving ruts in the field and what are you doing about that?........And then, are you having trouble finding an elevator that will take your grain or are they storing it on the ground?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!

Last edited by DianaB; 10-24-2009 at 09:01 PM.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #20
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

QUOTE=DianaB;101111]Na.....I get enough of farming in real life......I don't need the pretend stuff!!!! If anyone wants to REALLY farm.....you're more than welcome to come and play!!!!

Glen wants to know, from those of you who play, if you can get your beans cut yet?.....And also, is your combine leaving ruts in the field and what are you doing about that?........And then, are you having trouble finding an elevator that will take your grain or are they storing it on the ground?[/QUOTE]

Diana tell Glen that I have about almost an half acre of property and my husband makes fun of me when I farm on FB he says you want to farm start plowing the grass.. I answer HA !! I don't even pick up a leave..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:04 AM   #21
Marilyn

Gina, yes, I fertilized 5 of your squares. When you go to a neighbors farm to help out, it gives you the option of fertilizing their crops. It's one of the new features. Just look for the little thing of super grow at the left end of your friends list and hover over one of their planted squares.

Diana, LOL, we can't even use a combine to harvest in Farmville unless you a willing to use your own real money to do so. They don't allow you enough fuel. You can buy the equipment, but without fuel, it's just decoration. I have a tractor that will plow maybe a quarter to a third of my field before running out of gas and I have to do it by hand (1 square at a time vs. 4 with the tractor). We plant beans and all kinds of stuff. Our equipment leaves no ruts, and there is never a problem selling your crops. It's much better than real life farming. Oh, and you know exactly how much you will make when you plant your crop. If you harvest before it withers, you have a guaranteed income.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 10-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #22
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
..........Diana, LOL, we can't even use a combine to harvest in Farmville unless you a willing to use your own real money to do so. They don't allow you enough fuel. You can buy the equipment, but without fuel, it's just decoration. I have a tractor that will plow maybe a quarter to a third of my field before running out of gas and I have to do it by hand (1 square at a time vs. 4 with the tractor). We plant beans and all kinds of stuff. Our equipment leaves no ruts, and there is never a problem selling your crops. It's much better than real life farming. Oh, and you know exactly how much you will make when you plant your crop. If you harvest before it withers, you have a guaranteed income.
Sounds interesting!!! LOL

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #23
Janet

Quote:
Marilyn by any chance did you fertilize my crops? I see that you mentioned it on FB.. If you did thank you btw how do you do that ? there is so much on there that I still don't know.. I also have a mystery box and I clicked on but I have to pay to buy it.. Wonder what it is ?

I'd like to know the answer to this myself.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 AM   #24
Marilyn

Oh, the MYSTERY BOX question. Well I finally just had to find out, so I bought one. If you look closely beside my barn there is a golden gnome. That and 200XP points is all I got for 15FV dollars.!! You might have noticed my post on FB about it. I really felt ripped off. They make it sound like there is something really special in the mystery box that you can't get anywhere else on FV. So mine contained a golden gnome.

I told our daughter Karen, You know you're a redneck when...... you have a golden gnome by your barn.

FV dollars are so hard to come by, and I was saving them for something else. Oh well. They suckered me in.

I don't know anyone else who bought one. If one of your neighbors does and it's something else, please let me know. I'm curious, but not enough to buy another, if I could afford it. LOL
Old 10-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #25
Janet

I've gotten a few of the FV dollars, but have no clue how I got them. How are they earned?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #26
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

If I went on Farmville, that would be the end of me ever going outside! It sounds like fun though. Enjoy everybody

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #27
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I've gotten a few of the FV dollars, but have no clue how I got them. How are they earned?
Janet, this is a mystery to everyone I've discussed this with. The FV dollars just seem to appear. For a while, they seemed to equal my level. If I was level 6 I had 6 FV dollars. Then I spent some, and currently only have 11.

You can buy them, by charging to a credit card. No one I know has or ever intends to do this. You can also get them by signing up for different things like a free trial on NetFlix or getting Direct TV. If you click on "add coins & cash" you can find out ways to get more. Most of us are just buying everything with coins and using the FV dollars sparingly. You need lots of friends to be able to expand your farm using coins, but that's what most of us have done.

Also, FYI, fuel for equipment either comes free, or you buy with FV dollars. You don't get enough free to do very much. This is why I only have a tractor. With the tractor and the amount of fuel you get in one day, I can only plow about 1/3 of my field. There is no fuel left to use a harvestor or seeder, so I never bought them.

Enjoy!!! BTW, your farm is looking very nice!!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #28
Janet

Thanks Marilyn for the info. I wish there was a place with better instructions...lol.

I rearranged my farm today...I'm so weird. I didn't want to play on Farmville, but now I'm hooked.

What I would really like is if there was an application where you could buy your land and build a house, paint and decorate it, buy furniture you know..absolutely everything including do landscaping. I would love that.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #29
Marilyn

LOL, Janet, as fast as they are adding applications, there may be one on there for home construction and decorating. I'd be kinda like Diana is about FarmVille for that one though. All Rex talks about is home construction. He does a lot of his design work at home.

Happy farming!!! I can't go on there and see what you've done until I get home this evening. Can't wait!!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 AM   #30
Tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Thanks Marilyn for the info. I wish there was a place with better instructions...lol.

I rearranged my farm today...I'm so weird. I didn't want to play on Farmville, but now I'm hooked.

What I would really like is if there was an application where you could buy your land and build a house, paint and decorate it, buy furniture you know..absolutely everything including do landscaping. I would love that.
There is an app, I think named "Pet Society" where you could decorate the pet's house. Would that help?

A few years back, I bought a decorating/landscaping CD package. I still have it, but haven't looked at it lately. You could take real pictures of your house and overlay it with changes.