4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #16
MaddieBoo

Poutine = amazing.

I thought they had it in the states too?? They certainly should :P
Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #17
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

We don't have it in Texas, lol!! We have fries with cheese and chili Do you call chili gravy?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #18
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
We don't have it in Texas, lol!! We have fries with cheese and chili Do you call chili gravy?
That's what I was wondering, Betsi. Lindsay, what is in the gravy that you put on the fries.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:17 AM   #19
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol nope! That's another thing I've found from traveling in the states... you don't eat gravy on fries!!! It's just what you make with turkey or chicken or roast beef or whatever, but on fries And for poutine, add cheese to it! Delicious! You guys all need to come up to Canada and try some of this cuisine

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
MaddieBoo

Fries with cheese and chili sounds pretty delicious too... Mmmmmm No calories at all in any of this stuff!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
spiritwings1202

We got snow this morning and it is so pretty, but before long it will be a muddy mess!
I love the first snowfall, we have deer that come in our yard in the morning. I should try to get a picture, it would be awesome. I made pumpkin bread this morning and it made the house smell so good.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #22
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwings1202 View Post
We got snow this morning and it is so pretty, but before long it will be a muddy mess!
I love the first snowfall, we have deer that come in our yard in the morning. I should try to get a picture, it would be awesome. I made pumpkin bread this morning and it made the house smell so good.

I would love to see the deer!!!

OHHHH, Lindsay, I just don't know about gravy on fries - mashed potatoes yes, fries, I'm just not so sure about.

YES Maddie, chili cheese fries are GREAT - and NO, there are no calories!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:49 AM   #23
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Y'all are crazy!!! Poutine sounds interesting. It's wild what different countries put on fries. In Belgium they eat mayonnaise and fries & they have different flavored mayonnaise's. We sometimes dip fries in gravy when we eat a steak finger basket at Dairy Queen, so I guess it could be good with some kind of cheese. I'd definitely be game to try if I ever get back to Canada. Been their twice, but it's been 24 years since the last visit. A friend moved to Calgary earlier in the year. All she talks about is how beautiful it is and how happy she is. Never mentions the cold, though I've ask her about it.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #24
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Calgary is beautiful! I'm stuck out here in Saskatoon with no mountain views lol. Marilyn, if you go to Calgary to visit your friend, I'll drive down to see you

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #25
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Windchill warning tonight for southern Saskatchewan. It's supposed to reach -40 to -45. Boy, am I glad I'm going to southern Saskatchewan to visit Scott's parents for the weekend.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #26
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Lindsey take out your long johns brrrrrrrrrr thats real cold. It is freezing here in the NE about 26 degrees tonight.. No snowwwwwww yet...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #27
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsay, I hope you made it to Scott's folks with no problems. I always worry about getting stranded when the weather is so cold. I"m a big whimp, that's for sure!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #28
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Stay warm, drive safely, and bundle up!!!

We have had the same weather pattern, BUT add about 60 degrees F! It was also the warmest October and November in ????. Then, it snowed last week big time, and has been cold since. It's 30 degrees F today. I guess you guys would go sunbathing in this weather!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #29
MaddieBoo

Last night we got down to -35C (-31F). Brr!

Not feeling so beautiful here in Calgary about now. Especially the roads

However, I will say that I love a cold, snowy Christmas. And Christmas baking day. Makes everything seem cozy inside
Old 12-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #30
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We made it there and back home safe! It was soooo cold though. They have a lot more snow than we have, and the highways were pretty icy. There were quite a few tracks into the ditch. We made sure the car was packed with blankets before we left, just in case. Most of Saturday was spent shopping, and walking from the parking lots into stores was terrible. I couldn't even keep my eyes open!

By the end of the week it's supposed to be nice again, around -5C (23F).

Judy, in the fall it seems really cold when it's around that temperature, but after a long cold winter, as soon as it gets above the 0 degree mark I can go outside in a t-shirt no problem lol.

Maddie, I feel the same way about cold snowy Christmases! As long as I don't have to be outside