4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
I know Janet...I can't even GIVE him away, lol!!! Yes, Judy always has good ideas I did get Mike straightened out, so I guess I'll keep him.

Janet, we would be so lonesome without our husbands. Wouldn't we???? J/K

I'm sure you would, but no.....I definitely would not!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #17
Janet

Quote:
Thanks Paula! Mike retired a year and a half ago, so we are together 24/7 It has been a BIG adjustment, lol!!! I've been married to him since I was 16 years old, so you think I'd be used to it by now
I don't think I could make it if mine retired....I don't think there is enough prozac or xanax in the world to keep me sane.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #18
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

We'll keep you sane Janet, lol!!!! Hopefully your hubby will neve retire
Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #19
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Let me tell you what Gary did last night! GRRRRR!

I was in my office (just off the den) talking on the cell phone to my daughter.

He is in the den talking to his sister on the house phone. I hear him say my name, like he wants to ask me something, but I ignore him because I think he doesn't know I am on the phone (he is hearing impaired, and doesn't always hear what is going on around him).

I continue talking and pretty soon he yells my name very loudly. Now mind you, I just told you he is hearing impaired (wears bilateral hearing aids) and so I say, very loudly,
"I'M ON THE PHONE" so he'll be sure to know that I am talking on the phone.

After I get off the phone and go into the den, I ask him what he needed and he is very short with me and says "never mind". I ask him what is wrong. He has the nerve to say to me that I didn't need to YELL at him!

Well, excuuuuuuse me. I NEVER (yes that was a shout) know whether or not he hears me, so I do talk pretty loudly to him. Since I was in the other room I DID YELL. But I didn't yell because I was mad at him, I yelled only so he would know why I wasn't coming in to see what he wanted.

THEN he had the nerve to say that I talk to Brooke (my daughter) 10 times a day (maybe only 2-3) and I could talk to her anytime. He needed me to come in there and give his sister a website address.

I say that I'll email her the address and he was STILL POUTY.

My daughter says he is a SRTB.

Do you all know what a SRTB is? No, I didn't think you did.

SPOILED ROTTEN TITTY BABY

Which is VERY true - I do spoil him rotten and just like Mike (I suspect) he usually is very kind, grateful, appreciative, and loving.

But every so often, just like Betsi, I'd like to give him away!!!

GRRRRRR
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #20
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

REALLY!!! There is a huge difference between yelling TO someone and yelling AT them. How dare you talk to your daughter when HE needed you???

It IS our fault for spoiling them! SRTB. I would say that Mike is an SSRTB. That first s is for SELFISH. Mike is, by nature...a selfish person. Not with money, but in every other way that just bugs the crap out of me. OK...I may be done with this rant...for now
Old 01-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #21
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oooh! Husband bashing

Bash away guys! This way, you can go right back to the SSRTB's having gotten all of it off your chests.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #22
Janet

I love that Gayle.....SSRTB.

Betsi....my husband is very selfish too!!! I pay the bills, but he always cashes his check first so he can have as much money as he wants then gives me the rest to deposit and pay bills. He is also always buying something and then hides it. When I finally see it, he says he's had it for a long long time...BULL!!!!!

This is such a bad thread for me....I could write a book, I'll just stop and say:

Rick takes care of Rick first....always!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #23
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Mike loves to buy things for himself, too. But he has never minded if I spend money. It's because he never pays a bill, or gives it a thought. It's just that HE is on top of his own priority list. That is a foreign concept to me. You'd think I would be used to it.

I actually know what's wrong with me. It's easier for me to be mad at him than deal with the FEAR that I have after his heart scare. One of these days the doc is going to come out and say there is nothing they can do. Geez... I am my own therapist
Old 01-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #24
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:

I actually know what's wrong with me. It's easier for me to be mad at him than deal with the FEAR that I have after his heart scare. One of these days the doc is going to come out and say there is nothing they can do. Geez... I am my own therapist

Of course that is what is going on! You are really one smart cookie, Betsi!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #25
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Mike loves to buy things for himself, too. But he has never minded if I spend money. It's because he never pays a bill, or gives it a thought. It's just that HE is on top of his own priority list. That is a foreign concept to me. You'd think I would be used to it.

Oh, Betsi...I am so sorry that you have these fears! We will always support you.
Hugs to you.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #26
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Thanks ladies! The fear will subside...it always does It sure feels nice to have so much support
Old 01-14-2010, 06:46 AM   #27
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That it is!

Old 01-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
Janet

No matter about me and mine.....I'll support you too! Always!