4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Recipes

Old 10-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #16
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'd just keep the evergreens all summer as well. They can provide you with greenery all year round. You may have to repot them into larger pots though. Next summer you could add a couple of pots of flowers to sit beside them.

We haven't frosted yet but probably will soon. It usually happens sometime in October. I have a couple of ferns that I need to bring in. I had one that I kept last year and divided it into three parts so I had three ferns outside this year. I thought that was pretty good thinking instead of buying them. The two that I'm bringing in are the nicest that are outside. The rest I'll let go and just divide again next summer. I also have a couple of other plants that I'll save through the winter. Thank goodness for my large windows!!!

I've really been getting into Orchids lately and have probably 15 or so. I have two that are reblooming and another that's about to and I bought a new one that's about to bloom!! The blooms are so beautiful!!! Several of them are miniatures so I'm not sure when they'll bloom but it will be exciting when they do!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We have had frost every night for the past couple of weeks. I need to get off my butt today and pull the rest of my carrots and onions. The frost hasn't gone deep enough into the ground to affect them yet, but it's getting there!

I went to the dollar store yesterday and bought a whole bunch more decorations! I'm doing all my Halloween decorating today I brought the box of last year's stuff up from the basement, so it's all ready to go!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #18
DianaB

I still don't have any decorations out yet!!! Chi Alpha carved a couple of pumpkins and left them so I'll go get them and bring them up on the porch. They always do cute carvings!!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #19
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
The only decorations I have out are just a few figurines and a couple scarecrows. Haven't bought a pumpkin or any gourds yet.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #20
DianaB

Ok....I didn't even get out the wooden pumpkins!!! I do have some carved pumpkins that Chi Alpha carved and some that Dae Lynn and the kids carved. Maybe I should just head for the Christmas decorations now......then maybe I'd have them out in time!!! LOL
Old 11-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #21
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
No Diana...it's way too early....lol Wal Mart is already using Christmas bags. I'm just not ready for holidays yet. This afternoon I did put away the few Halloween figurines I had out. Took me a whole 2 minutes...LOLOL