4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 03-28-2008, 05:11 AM   #16
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
I am glad to read your post this morning Communication is the key and its making him see. Just keep expressing your feelings. Trust me there is nothing out there. I have girlfriends my age 50's who are on third divorces and are bitter women. Some have regrets of leaving their first marriages years ago. Remember the grass is not always greener on the other side. You find it hard now with a husband, forget it when he is not there you will be on call 24/7 working , paying bills taking care of your son.

Just think it through and give him a chance see what happens.. Good luck!
im trying Gina, but it's a shame it takes almost separting for men to wake up!!
He should be helping me around the house, with our son, etc. and with his mother he knows i was right, he should have been on my side on that one!!
it just gets to me! I don't want to yell or scream at him for him to listen to me, he married me.. he should be my other half that makes me whole... It just makes me look like the bad person all the time. He needs to stand up to his mother once in a while.. But i refuse to fight about her anymore. she is not babysitting for me no more, and she will always be welcome in my house if she wants to come over and see her grandson..
Old 03-28-2008, 05:24 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I sure wish I had some good advice to offer. Gina's done a really good job. You do need to think it through, because she's right, if you separate, you'll definitely be doing it all then.

Remember too that your husband as worked all day. Don't jump him when he walks in the door. Give him some time to adjust to being home and then just ask him to help do this or help do that.

Men really don't think the way we do..a shame isn't it?...so some of them need to be told or asked nicely to do whatever. The things around the house that are important to us are not important to them. We have to tell them.

As far as the in-laws...don't fight with them, the battle will always be there if you do. There is a big difference in wanting to be right and having respect for them, after all they did something right or you wouldn't have fallen for their son. I always found keeping a small distance and not giving out all information is a great way to keep the family together.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:24 AM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
don't know what happened there, but had a double post so I deleted one....duh!!!...LOL
Old 03-28-2008, 05:33 AM   #19
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I sure wish I had some good advice to offer. Gina's done a really good job. You do need to think it through, because she's right, if you separate, you'll definitely be doing it all then.

Remember too that your husband as worked all day. Don't jump him when he walks in the door. Give him some time to adjust to being home and then just ask him to help do this or help do that.

Men really don't think the way we do..a shame isn't it?...so some of them need to be told or asked nicely to do whatever. The things around the house that are important to us are not important to them. We have to tell them.

As far as the in-laws...don't fight with them, the battle will always be there if you do. There is a big difference in wanting to be right and having respect for them, after all they did something right or you wouldn't have fallen for their son. I always found keeping a small distance and not giving out all information is a great way to keep the family together.
Thanks Janet, Yes i am done talking about the in-laws, i said what i had to say to his mother and Mike also..
As for the stuff around the house, he needs to realize that i work also 8 1.2 hours a day too, then i run home to pick up the baby, feed him, bath him, cook, dishes, laundry, clean the house etc. i need help too... he wants to work 7 days a week and he does side jobs at night so i don't see him til 9:00 at night and i know we have tons of bills so does everyone else! were managing. He needs to spend time with his son too. That's another one of our fights too! Micah is only yound once. He's going to regret it one day, not spending time with him. its' sad.