4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I knnow you can do it too. You can still do it for your kids and your grandkids. They need their grandma. I need you too!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #17
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana, 8.1 is not terrible at all - don't worry too much. If you test more often, and watch what you eat, it will come down. If you are able to lose some weight, it will come down ever more. Some people are walking around with an A1C of 12, so you are not too far from where you need to be!

It's not easy, but it can be done. Exercise will really help too - you would be amazed at how much it lowers the blood sugar! Simply walking is great! Swimming would be great too!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #18
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I started the Adkins diet yesterday so hopefully I'll start losing weight soon. That will also help my blood sugar and other stuff. I went in and took another blood test this morning.......it made my arm ache!!! I going to go and check the pond and see if it's ready for swimming!!! I sure hope so!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #19
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Diana I am sorry to hear that you have some medical concerns, but I to have faith in you and you can do it.. It is not an easy road to loss weigh but with a little willpower and lots of discipline you can do it.. You are young and just think of Glen, your children and grand kids whom all love you very much and what you to be healthy.

Once you start losing weigh it will start getting easier and try walking that is great exercise. Btw if you have a zumba class by you grab a friend and go you will have a great cardio workout and it is so much fun....

Keep us posted and we are here for you to keep you motivated...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #20
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

How is the pond? Ready for you to swim in yet?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #21
DianaB

I tried swimming a few days ago and it was still pretty cool. The top was nice and warm but a little further down........cool and once you get it stirred up it wasn't comfortable. I'm going to try it again this afternoon.......after Dae Lynn comes to get the kids. I'm so ready!!!!!

I've been testing my BS four times a day and it's been coming down......slowly!!! I'm so excited!! I think that the doctor will be really pleased. The cool thing with this diet is that I'm not starving myself.......I get to eat so much.......just not carbs.....or very many carbs!!!!! That's so cool that my BS is coming down!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #22
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

YAY! YAY! YAY!

I just knew your blood sugar would start to come down!!! Very COOL!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #23
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good news, Diana!!! You can do this! Yay!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #24
DianaB

Thanks Girls!!!! I love you guys!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #25
Janet

I'm so proud and happy for you Diana!!! Good things take time and I know you will achieve your goal.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
DianaB

Yay!!! The pond is warm enough!!! We went swimming yesterday!! I just love the feeling of floating and being weightless!!!

My blood sugar is doing so much better!!! I know that the doctor is going to be pleased. I have another test coming up as soon as they call to set up an appointment then I'll see the doctor.

I finally told Glen and he's really concerned and babying me (a little bit anyway). I'm not too worried yet......we'll see what the doctor has to say first!!! The things that I'm reading on the internet are encouraging and by losing weight I can help my problems!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #27
Janet

Yay...I know how much you love swimming so I'm glad the water is finally warm enough. Please make sure you don't go alone....okay? Your Dr. will make you his poster child for lower blood sugar...lol.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I think were all please with your results.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #29
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

This is great, Diana! It really soounds like you have made a committment to you health, and that you are carrying it through!

Glen must be worried. Maybe you should let him baby you for a while!

Old 07-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #30
DianaB

Janet.....trust me......I can float in the water for hours and not get tired!! I float so easity that there's no worries about me drowning!!! Besides....if I wait for someone to go with me then I won't hardly be able to go because everyone's so busy!!!

Trust me.......I'll let Glen baby me all he wants!!!! It's not a lot but it's enough to let me know he cares!!