4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #16
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lol! I just saw what I wrote in the post above this one. What I meant to say is that I ate breakfast out on the porch.

It is in the 90's during the day and I'm ready for it to cool off a little more. We are supposed to cool down a little this weekend and maybe get some rain.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm in Seattle for a couple more days, and the weather here has been lovely! It's really Fall weather. The sun is shining and the days are cool. It hasn't even been raining, which is so unusual for here. I dread going back to the heat
Old 09-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
The rain is here Betsi...lol. It's rained a bit everyday the last few days. It's so wet and dreary today, but I love it. I love fall rains.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The Earth Festival sounds wonderful, Janet!

I also took my plants inside Diana! It got down into the high 30's last week at night. I re-potted some that I think might be okay in the house during the winter. Now, it's going to be in the 40's at night for the next week or so, but I think I'll keep them inside anyway. I don't want to lose them.

I have some miniature roses I would love to keep, but I think it will be a lot of work, and I hear they usually don't make it anyway. I have a couple of fuchsia plants that I will keep dormant. I hope those re-bloom come spring. They are still flowering, so they can stay out this week.

I already ordered some new patio furniture covers, and will take the others out soon. Got to get everything done before it snows. You just never know up here when that will be!

It is, however, so incredibly beautiful up here in the mountains. I think the trees will change a lot more this coming week, and it will be heavenly!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #20
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It was 72 on my back porch last evening. So nice!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #21
Janet

I noticed this morning how much the leaves have changed since Friday. Really is beautiful. Temp was 46 degrees this morning...little chilly, but going to be even chillier this coming weekend. I love the fall.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #22
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Betsi, I hope you had a good time at your son's house in Seattle!!

It's been cool here too. It won't be too much longer before we turn the heat on. Usually the beginning of October sometime. The cold hasn't been bothering me as much as it has in the past so maybe it will be awhile before I chill out!! Hormones!!!

Judy, I've been bringing some plants in too. I have most of what I want to keep either already in the house or on the porch where I can easily bring them in. It's hard to believe that it's that time of year already!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #23
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The stores have Christmas stuff out already! I just washed all of my bathing suits, and still have my beach towels in the car to take inside.

I need some time to catch my breath and flow from summer to fall before thinking about Christmas!

This is why I do not like Christmas! It has become a way to make money, and I resent being pushed into thinking about winter before I can enjoy the fall. What happened to the religious aspect? When Mackenzie was a little girl, she talked about the Baby Jesus, and I bought her a beautiful china nativity scene that played music. That's what Christmas should be about!

Gets me so mad!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #24
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I agree Judy, I used to hate seeing Christmas stuff out before Thanksgiving. That's a given now. It's out before Halloween. Now we are lucky if they wait till after the fourth of July.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #25
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

All of the holidays are pushed too early. Valentine's Day cames out right after Christmas. It makes me mad too. It has all become about money.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #26
Janet

I agree with all of you. It's way too early. I went into Wal Mart on Monday and they have the Christmas department all set up with decorated trees and lights. Just makes me so angry. I don't enjoy hardly any of the holidays anymore....they should just go ahead and lump them altogether and just have one. The way it's going that will be exactly what happens.

I am going to try and decorate for Christmas better this year. Last year was just too hard....we'll see.

Yesterday and today it has been lots of drizzle and cool with a slight breeze...fall weather. Can't do anything outside with it so wet. I had it in my head that I should go for a walk, but not in this weather. I'm sure we'll have some more days with sunshine before the snow flies.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #27
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I am the odd one out here - I love Christmas, and the earlier the season starts, the better lol!!! I love everything about it. I just love feeling festive and everyone seems to be happier and it's just the best time of year for me I am not going to lie, I am already planning for how we will decorate this year, and getting excited to listen to my favorite Christmas carols again! As soon as Halloween is over - it's full-out Christmas season for me! (my dad jokes that they should have named me Eve or Holly lol)

It has been freezing here every day. It is currently about -15 with windchill (5 degrees F). We had some snow at my mom's house on the weekend, but it was wet and didn't stay. We had snow all morning yesterday too but it melted as it hit the ground. It is supposed to warm up again this weekend, which will be good because I still need to take my parsnips and carrots out of the garden

My tomatoes are in planters, which is great because they are growing inside now. I just planted them too late this year! One is just starting to turn red, and over the weekend I got 4 more little tomatoes just starting! A new friend brought over a bag full of her own garden tomatos last week (in exchange for a bag of my green onions!) This freeze came out of nowhere so we had to get all of the sensitive stuff out fast, and we both had way too much to know what to do with!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #28
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsey, you are the winter girl, for sure!!! I just wish it would cool off here. It was cool this past weekend, but it has warmed up again. We really don't cool off consistently until November. I'm ready!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #29
Janet

You're so use to so much snow Lindsey, but I know I would go crazy!..lol I would love a winter without snow, but it's not good for the crops or the land. The winter winds blow the topsoil away unless there is some kind of cover and they need the moisture from the snow.

It has cooled off alot here. In the 30's at night and early morning. Today it will get up to near 60 with lots of sunshine so it will be a beautiful fall day, but then this weekend is calling for rain and storms.

As long as we don't have snow....I'll be fine.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #30
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We are back up in the high 80's, it's better than the 90's but I'm ready for some 70's!