4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Retail Therapy....good one!!

Sorry about your break up..life waits for no one, so put your shoulders back, head held hi and greet a whole new and exciting adventure. You have us here to lean on and we'll do our best to understand whatever you may be going through and feeling. Someday.....women will rule!!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #17
khardy57

Believe me, there IS life after divorce....and most of the time it's a better one! My first husband was abusive and the best thing I ever did was leave him. I was a single mother for 10 years before I remarried and during those years I did a lot of soul searching and I'm closer to my boys than any mother I know. My oldest son has been married now for 9 years and I get along really well with my daughter-in -law. She told me thanks for raising him the way I did!
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #18
hanau

this forum may be a sign from god to let you you know that he is in control and he will order your steps if you look to him.A man that loves you would never leave you because of your little doggies.And yes ,you can make it.I became a widow a few years ago from one day to the next.I had not been responsible for everything before but here i was and had too.My trust was in god then and is now,and he has been my best friend trough it all and providet for me all i needet
Old 09-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #19
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by khardy57
Believe me, there IS life after divorce....and most of the time it's a better one! My first husband was abusive and the best thing I ever did was leave him. I was a single mother for 10 years before I remarried and during those years I did a lot of soul searching and I'm closer to my boys than any mother I know. My oldest son has been married now for 9 years and I get along really well with my daughter-in -law. She told me thanks for raising him the way I did!
That was so nice of her to say that. You know, our kids learn from our mistakes too.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:54 AM   #20
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khardy57
WOW that was a very sweet thing for her to say, i bet that would make any mother feel the best!!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:09 AM   #21
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup. I really commend you for standing up for yourself and not getting rid of your precious furbabies just because he didn't like them. This was OBVIOUSLY something that was meant to be. I have always heard that you can tell a man's true heart by the way he treats a dog. This man is not worth your time. You go girl!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 AM   #22
Sherry Lynn

Goes to show that you can't trust a person that doesn't like dogs....

Good luck. I'm sure everything is going to be fine... you have so many adventures coming your way!
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #23
Emmsmom

I am so sorry to hear you are having such a hard thing. Things can only get better! Take care ((HUGS))

Michelle
Emmsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #24
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I'm sorry for your pain and sense of loss.
I was divorced after a 7 yr marriage. It took time to rebuild, but I promise you will make it!
I have now been married for 21 yrs and had 2 more children and 2 grand daughters too! Life's what happens while we're making plans, so while you may occassionally sink in crap, you will also rise up to new heights again. Hang tough and one day soon you will shock yourself with the sound of your own laughter.
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #25
Janet

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilWeeLover
My marriage of EIGHT FREAKING YEARS ended this week! So this site is like KARMA! I take it as a sign that this break up is meant to be.

I've been in shock all blooming week and I'm just starting to come out of it. I no longer cry when I tell people. I still get angry/sad when I say "my husband". I'm having trouble using the singular personal pronoun (I) instead of the plural (we).

In just a matter of days I've found a doggie friendly place (with a fenced yard) to live. It's in my price range and there's a dog exercise area just round the corner!! That is also a sign I think!

And for those of you who are crossovers from YT - do you want to know one of the reasons he had for breaking up - he can't stand my dogs! Poor Dougal and Dixie!

I'm a little freaked out. This will be the first time I've ever lived by myself, been responsible for paying all the bills and so on!

Thanks for letting me vent! hugs to y'all!

I've noticed you haven't posted in quite some time. Let us know how you're doing won't you? We hope you're staying strong and doing well!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #26
2tiredmom

So sorry for your pain, I was there 17 years ago. He got the house and the dog, I got the kids. But I'm married to a good one now. It will all work out.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:07 AM   #27
EvilWeeLover

Hi

Thanks for your concern. I had quite a hard week or so where the reality of the situation really came home to me and I was freaking out a bit. Also work was really insanely busy. People were being stupid all over the show!

I took an afternoon off work and walked the pooches on the beach. That made me feel so much better.

I'm moving in twelve more sleeps. I've got the power sorted, the phone sorted and I'll get the interweb sorted when I move. I have to get a new email addy! Man - I've had that email addy for longer than I've had even my mobile number!

I went through the OMG faze and now I'm feeling excited again - but it's tempered with the daunting thought of moving. I really ought to start packing!!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:50 AM   #28
Janet

Quote:
Hi

Thanks for your concern. I had quite a hard week or so where the reality of the situation really came home to me and I was freaking out a bit. Also work was really insanely busy. People were being stupid all over the show!

I took an afternoon off work and walked the pooches on the beach. That made me feel so much better.

I'm moving in twelve more sleeps. I've got the power sorted, the phone sorted and I'll get the interweb sorted when I move. I have to get a new email addy! Man - I've had that email addy for longer than I've had even my mobile number!

I went through the OMG faze and now I'm feeling excited again - but it's tempered with the daunting thought of moving. I really ought to start packing!!
It sounds like things are starting to come under control again for you. Stay positivie and embrace the future. It's all out there waiting for you to claim it and I'm wishing you the very best!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:11 AM   #29
Necee419

Quote:
Hi

Hang in there!! Like my grandmother always says "sometimes we feel like we are drowning in a glass of water" meaning, at the moment it seems like it is the end of the world but once we are removed from the situation, it really wasn't as bad as we thought. Best of luck to you in your life changing move and hoping that things turn out even better than you ever hoped for.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote