4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 12-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #16
Emmsmom

LOL I have got my man too! I just wanna look good while honoring my for better or for worse vows! LOL I am only 34 so I am not ready to get older just yet.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:58 PM   #17
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I'm 52 and yes, there is some gray up there. Mainly have a streak of gray with a light sprinkle elsewhere. I color my hair about every 3 months. Overall using a medium to light brown with a hint of red, then foil in both red and blonde. It makes a really natural look that does not show roots to badly. It's close enough and fades enough that it blends in well with my natural color. I'm in bad need of a color job now and will schedule very soon, may be next week, I have 3 days off.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #18
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

No color for me - I LOVE LOVE LOVE my gray hair. I get tons of compliments on it too! Of course I am 55!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 4.jpg (54.7 KB, 14 views)
gja1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #19
DCollins

I am 54 and I don't know what color my hair is? I have had my hair weaved for so many years that I thinkI might be light brown? But when I put off color I do see some grey hairs in there, but with the lighter weave, they just blend in. My mom just went completely grey and it is beautiful. SHe is 75. I am just not ready to find out yet!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #20
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
I'm 52 and yes, there is some gray up there. Mainly have a streak of gray with a light sprinkle elsewhere. I color my hair about every 3 months. Overall using a medium to light brown with a hint of red, then foil in both red and blonde. It makes a really natural look that does not show roots to badly. It's close enough and fades enough that it blends in well with my natural color. I'm in bad need of a color job now and will schedule very soon, may be next week, I have 3 days off.

Sure wish I could go every 3 months to have mine colored. I need/have to go every 4-5 weeks. By the time my next appointment comes around there is at least an inch of gray at the roots. I am totally gray, but just don't think I would look right yet if i let it go. Otherwise you can bet I would just have it colored gray and forget it. I think I may try it this summer when no one really sees me that much and then if it looks bad, I'll go back to color again.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:56 AM   #21
Marilyn

Oh, there is no way that I would be ready to go totally gray. NO WAY!!!! I know I'm showing my age, but I've cut my hair a little shorter, and have it colored nicely now, and when I'm all fixed up, people say I look younger. I've had a couple of customers comment that I'm looking younger. THAT's what I like to hear. If I went all gray, I couldn't handle people's comments on that. NO WAY.

Sorry, but I'm the baby of the family and extended family (14 cousins on both sides, and I'm the 13th on both sides). Just not ready to join the old ones, yet. I do have my man, but I want to keep him liking what he sees and feeling good about his woman. We're both getting older, and want to age gracefully, but not ready to throw in the towel.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 01-18-2007, 06:09 AM   #22
Janet

My hair is short, so if I could look as good as gja1000, I will definitely go gray. I don't want to look like my Mom, she is 83 and colors her hair. It does not look natural at that age, especially the color she has. So, I think I'll probably try it this summer, I can always change it back....we'll see when summer gets here just how brave I really am......LOLOLOL
Old 01-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #23
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I am 50 and dye my hair, my mom dyed her hair till the day she died at 84, I started going grey at 25 took after my mom and her side of the family. I dye it every 3-4 weeks. I feel old when the gray starts showing, I am married too, and I want to look good for me...lol. This spring I will try putting highlights . I normally dye my hair a reddish brown, this time I went dr. brown. I try all shades of browns and reds..lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:20 AM   #24
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I've been coloring my hair for the past few months just to cover the gray. I got a glimpse of myself one day out in the sun and went OMG! Mixed with my normal hair color (dark blonde/light brown), it looked awful and mousey.

I saw my fav aunt recently and loved her pure silvery white hair... reminded me of my Dads... now if mine goes that direction I won't mind letting it be. What I can't tolerate is the mousey gray that sucks all the life out of your face. LOL
Old 01-19-2007, 07:16 AM   #25
rivermom

I am over 40 and have only found one gray - I plucked the little sucker and I don't want him coming bacck!! Not today, not ever!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #26
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
I am over 40 and have only found one gray - I plucked the little sucker and I don't want him coming bacck!! Not today, not ever!!

Ah Oh!!! LOL I heard if you pluck them out.....two will grow in it's place.....

Now can anyway say this is true or have you heard it before????
Old 01-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #27
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Ah Oh!!! LOL I heard if you pluck them out.....two will grow in it's place.....

Now can anyway say this is true or have you heard it before????
Oh I am sure more than two will come back, LOL.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #28
Janet

I talked with my hairdresser about letting my hair go completely gray this morning when I got my color and cut. She said I would just have to let it grow out.

That would look horrible. She said you really can't color it gray. I don't want it to be half gray and half "what ever color this is." There has got to be a better way. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #29
Marilyn

I don't understand why you couldn't color it gray. Seems like they could do any color.

A friend of mine has her hair dresser do a reverse frost. Her hair is all gray so she has color foiled in. Maybe your hairdresser could foil in a little color, or even use a frosting cap, instead of an overall color to slowly transition you to gray.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:54 AM   #30
Janet

That's a good idea! I'll have to ask her about that. For some reason I am anxious to see what it would look like. I guess we're all like that when we're ready for a change. We want it NOW. LOL