4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 03-30-2007, 03:18 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I don't know the law in all states, but in most...you are allowed to take half that money and go home to your family so they can help you. Don't just sit idly by and wait to see what happens...you have to take steps to help you and your daughter. If you can't go right now...then at least get half that money into your own account so you'll have something to get you started.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #17
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Thanks for the words of encouragement & support! It's just getting harder though. I think he's cheating on me now. He's out right now & I think that's what he's doing. I asked him earlier today if he had met someone or planned on dating while we were living together & he said that was none of my business & he meets people all the time. That to me meant that he is cheating. I can't take it anymore. I'm having anxiety attacks & my stomach is in knots. I'm literally shaking right now because I'm so hurt & angry. I can't move out because I don't have a job or any money. I'm afraid if he moves out to a friends that he's going to switch the bank accounts so I won't have any money. It's like were stuck until I'm done with school because neither of us can afford it. I just want this to be over.
Jessica, I'm so sorry. This is such a hard place to be. I knew a couple one time who only stayed married because they had a mortgage and couldn't afford to live apart for a year which is required for a divorce in their state. It's a very sad thing to have to go through, I'm sure. I do agree with the others though. You should take what money is legally yours and go back home. Your family will welcome you with open arms. They don't want to see you suffering like this and your little girl needs to be in a stable environment with good role models to look up to. I think moving on would be best for you and your daughter.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:30 AM   #18
Jessica

Both my parents live out of state & are going through a divorce right now too. I'm sure I could move in with them but then I would have to quit school & work 2 jobs to support my daughter. My so called husband didn't come home last night & I just tried to call him & he wouldn't answer. I don't know what to do. We don't have any money for me to take half of cause we're barely getting by. He works 2 jobs. I'm thinking about just asking him to move out to a friends & leave everything as is until I'm done with school. I hope he says ok & doesn't try to screw me.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #19
highlans

Quote:
I know I haven't posted in a long time but I'm devasted tonight & needed to get it out somewhere...hope you ladies don't mind.

My husband told me tonight that he wants a divorce. I told him I didn't & that I wanted to work on us more but he says he's done & to lazy to work on us anymore so he just wants out. We were married 4 years in February & we have a daughter that will be 2 in May. I'm in shock. I can't quit crying & I feel like I'm going to throw up. It hurts so bad to have the one person you love so much tell you hurtful things like they aren't in love with you anymore.

He is also in the military & so we are stationed at a base. I'm not from here so I will be moving back home, which is going to be hard. I also don't work right now & am in school still. This is the weird part...we are still going to live together until I'm done with school in July. I have no idea how that's going to work. I just don't know what to do. I guess I'm looking for advice on how to stay strong through this because I feel like I'm about to lose it. Thanks for listening (or reading).
Jessica am so sorry to hear this, you say your husband is in the military will they not help you whilst you are going through this. One thing about our military here they would certainly help the familys if they are going through seperation. For example have trained people to talk with, help with your money, houseing my husbands ex wife was helped very well during there divorce. Go to your husbands C.O. and ask. Good luck.
highlans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #20
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlans
Jessica am so sorry to hear this, you say your husband is in the military will they not help you whilst you are going through this. One thing about our military here they would certainly help the familys if they are going through seperation. For example have trained people to talk with, help with your money, houseing my husbands ex wife was helped very well during there divorce. Go to your husbands C.O. and ask. Good luck.
This is great advice! Good luck, Jessica.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:46 AM   #21
Mandy

Great advice, i hope they have the same support system there to help! Good luck Jessica!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #22
Jessica

I don't know if they do or not. I don't even know where to look & my husband will be no help in that area cause he doesn't care.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
Mandy

Quote:
I don't know if they do or not. I don't even know where to look & my husband will be no help in that area cause he doesn't care.

Jessica, im sure someone on here will know how to go about it. Hang in there, and keep checking in here, bump this thread if you have to, or make a new one.
Dont sit back and do nothing, take action now.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #24
Nina

Quote:
Both my parents live out of state & are going through a divorce right now too. I'm sure I could move in with them but then I would have to quit school & work 2 jobs to support my daughter. My so called husband didn't come home last night & I just tried to call him & he wouldn't answer. I don't know what to do. We don't have any money for me to take half of cause we're barely getting by. He works 2 jobs. I'm thinking about just asking him to move out to a friends & leave everything as is until I'm done with school. I hope he says ok & doesn't try to screw me.
Remember, he is in the military. They will not let him screw you, and they will certainly not let him get away with not supporting his daughter. Talk to a counsellor or someone who can help you there. Or, a military lawyer. Do not just sit there idly by. Good luck!
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote