4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 09-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #16
jck4b

Ohhhh, now I know the one your talking about... it's the "lemonade fast". Yes, I checked on that one also, but one of the things your supposed to do is drink a big jug of sea salt water, I'm not sure if it's everyday, and get ready to leave skid marks to the bathroom. You can do this fast for as little as 10 days or as much as 30, most only do the 10 -14 day fast.I have heard the weight loss is just a bonus to the fast but that almost all of it comes back on when you start eating again.I still can't get up the nerve to do it, even if I did I won't be doing the salt water. Good luck if you decide to do it. I did tell my sister about it & she has'nt took the bait yet. Darn.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #17
Kimberley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jck4b
I saw this product at Dr. Natura's site. The photos of what is supposed to come out of us is disturbing.They were also talking about parasites living in all of us & we don't know it. I could'nt stop thinking about it for weeks. I kept thinking, " I have worms in me??!!!", but was to afraid to try the product. Partly because of the price, partly because I was afraid I would get diarreah (sp?)from it (who want that)....So I told my sister about it (she'll try anything), & she did. She always has "going "problems. She said it was'nt as drastic as the site said & the only thing that was different was that she "went" a couple of times a day, which was highly unusual for her. I asked if she saw worms & she said no. I also asked if anything looked like the photos & that was a no also. I don't think she was impressed w/ it. Someone else may have a totally different result, & I would be curious to hear about their experience also.
that sounds REALLY gross!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #18
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Shannon, Let us know how it works. Where do you get this Master Cleanse?
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #19
Shannon

I looked it up online. You make the concoction yourself. So there is nothing to buy.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #20
Sherry Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
The Master Cleanse is not a colonic. It is a flavored water that you drink while fasting. It is made up of water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Beyonce recently did it and lost 20 lbs. I am thinking of trying it because all of the people I know that have done it feel amazing and lose a lot of weight. I am probably going to start it next week. So I will let you guys know how I feel and what the results are.
I've done that before, too, but it was years ago and I didn't refer to it as "Master Cleanse". I've done it when fasting. The first couple of days were tough while getting all the BS out of your system, but after a while you have SO much energy and start really feeling great. Really light and thinking clearly.

The longest I've ever done it for is 10 days and then went with juicing for a couple of days before slowly starting back on food.

I forgot about that one. I think I may do it again. Hubby is going to be doing a lot of traveling in the next coule of months, so it would be good timing...
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #21
Courtney

Ok so Sherry Lynn, did you have any weird side effects. My frined tried to get me to do it a month or two ago, I was chicken. I read all kinds of things like vomitting and blood in stool and other stuff. I really would like to do it for the whole cleansing part. They keep talking about all the mucus that you get rid of and boy would I like to get rid of that.

Here's the website that I read about it on if anyone else cares to look
http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm
Old 09-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #22
Amber_lv

hmmm.. never heard of it.
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote