4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-16-2006, 09:12 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
I have Tammy, my mother would not let me have Barbie, she was too curvy, not a good role model for a little girl. My daughters had lots of Barbies.

I do not collect anything at the moment, went through the Beanie Baby thing and have bunches in plastic tubs in the attic. Have some Avon figurines stored in the cabinet. Collected post cards of our county courthouse for a while, have one from 1894. Guess if I collect anything, that would be it, the post cards. They don't take up much space or collect dust in my filing cabinet.

In my opinion, at this point in life, collectables are money drains, and dust collectors, so I'm into simplifying. But if collecting is your thing, more power to you. We all have something that makes our lives more interesting & hunting for that special something can be a lot of fun.

I'm kind of there too!! I guess about the only thing I keep, not really a collection is mementos. After my father-in-law passing we have a lot of his things like birth certificates, Navy items including his uniform, you know just stuff about his life. I keep a lot of things of my sons and have things of mine and hubby's as well. They are in plastic tubs in the attic. It's nice to go back and read journals and things. Life is so different now.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #17
Janet

Mine are in the attic, so my pictures would have to wait until Christmas when I bring down the tree...LOL
Old 09-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #18
Amber_lv

well i took some but now i can't find the cord to my cam I need to tie the damn thing to my neck lol
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:24 AM   #19
Amber_lv

ok here are some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S4010100.JPG (158.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg S4010101.JPG (130.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg S4010102.JPG (134.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg S4010103.JPG (131.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #20
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv
well i took some but now i can't find the cord to my cam I need to tie the damn thing to my neck lol

LOL You just crack me up!!! LOL
Old 09-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #21
Amber_lv

more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S4010104.JPG (160.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg S4010105.JPG (103.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg S4010106.JPG (72.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg S4010107.JPG (110.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #22
Janet

She looks very similiar to mine. I wish I would have collected Barbies. But I just don't have the money or the room now! Would have been a great idea when I was little, huh?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #23
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I collect snowmen. They range from 1" to over 3 feet tall and have a place of honor in my living room year 'round. I have a couple dozen.

Hubby keeps promising to make me a full size one for the lawn, but can't seem to get started on it.

Those christmas villages are SO pretty! I don't have space for anything like that, but they really are nice!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #24
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I also collect holiday barbies! I have all of them except the first three in the series, plus 1995 (when i thought i was too old for barbies!) Last year, I also got the inuit barbie, and if i remember correctly, it was only sold in canada. It's gorgeous!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #25
Janet

Man....I screwed up big time not collecting Barbies when I was little didn't I?? I could have a gold mine...although I wouldn't have sold them for the money. Like I said, mine are all put away in my attic. I also have a Bride Doll and a Chattie Cathy Doll. Those are old let me tell ya...LOL
Old 09-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #26
Amber_lv

Well i used to put my village on the top of my entertainment center but i out grew it last year so i made my own tables lol i have to take out my couch to put it up but i have 2 living rooms so it's ok. Yeah janet you should've collected dang. Oh i have the 95' barbie but it's one of the ones i opened but i did put it back in the box so?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #27
Janet

The box that came with my Barbie was just that! A long narrow box, big enough for Barbie, but you couldn't see her until you took the lid off. I still have that box too. And shoes....lots of Barbie shoes.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #28
Necee419

Amber, those are the same ones I saw at the Warner Brother's store. I LOVE them. They only had Glenda and the Lion I think.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #29
Amber_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necee419
Amber, those are the same ones I saw at the Warner Brother's store. I LOVE them. They only had Glenda and the Lion I think.
The tin man is may fav!!! Janet whne you get her out i would love to see a pic of her those are my fave barbies!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:50 AM   #30
Janet

I will get pics of them for you. But it will be around Christmas time. I'd have all kinds of stuff to move to get to them. I will remember though, because everytime I get the Christmas stuff down, I always look through my Barbie stuff.