4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #16
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
You're so lucky Diana!!! I would love to drive a combine. I would have loved to drive any of the bigger equipment....bulldozers, cranes etc.

When I worked at the factory, I did back the semi's to the loading docks...that was fun.
Come on down, Janet!!! I know where your wish can be fulfilled!!!!!!

That's pretty good if you can back a semi!!!! I don't back up ANYTHING with a trailer. They never want to back up and stay straight.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:23 AM   #17
DianaB

I DID it again!!! My husband asked me yesterday to drive the combine for a while to get the hang of it while he was with me so I went a round or two then he got out and decided to drive to the shop and get his tool box. Sure enough before he got back I was sitting there waiting for him because it broke on me again!!!! He wasn't real happy but joked later about me having the "magic touch". It wasn't something that I did it was something that was already having trouble and just got worse when I drove it. He's still trying to get it fixed today and he's NOT in a very good mood!!!!! Harvest time is soooo stressful!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:33 AM   #18
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

It's always good to have that "Magic Touch" Diana, LOL!!! I am sure your hubby is just really appreciative that you are there to help. No way would he wanna to do this sorta thing alone.

Sorry it's a stressful time - Hopefully you have a cd player and you can crank those tunes while you work. If not, maybe you can whistle, LOL.

So when does all this end? Is it almost over?
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:35 AM   #19
katepoet

I rode a tractor for the first time when I was 17, in Brasil. I loved it. Flew a small plane when I was about 20 - loved that too, but scarier since I had no training and was afraid of doing something really stupid! Machines can be so much fun when they are working!
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #20
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
It's always good to have that "Magic Touch" Diana, LOL!!! I am sure your hubby is just really appreciative that you are there to help. No way would he wanna to do this sorta thing alone.

Sorry it's a stressful time - Hopefully you have a cd player and you can crank those tunes while you work. If not, maybe you can whistle, LOL.

So when does all this end? Is it almost over?
He does appreciate my help, otherwise he'd be doing it alone sometimes. Our son is helping him today and we have a friend who is retired who helps too. He only uses me when he's in a real pinch.

There's a radio in the combine but when it's on you can't hear all the sounds that it makes. You have to really pay attention to the sounds because that can be your first sign that something is wrong.

Harvest should be done in a month, sooner if the weather is good and the equipment doesn't break down. It just depends on so many things.

BTW-Sheryl, I like your new picture!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!