4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
I have nights that I wake up alot but I go right back to sleep. Sorry that some of you have nights that you have trouble sleeping and are up. I need my sleep bad enough that I'm never up but my husband has started getting up at about 4:00 or earlier. I think that the reason is stress. The flood sure didn't help his stress levels.

Diana has your hubby gone for a good health check recently? With the flood and all, stress, you know, it might be a good idea to get a good once over. Would he go if you asked him?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #17
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Janet, I feel your pain, but it isn't my hubby keeping me awake. It's Marty!!! He steals my pillow every night and I feel bad disturbing his sleep so I just scoot down on the bed and try to sleep without one. LOL
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #18
katepoet

I cans end you a spare pillow, Angie!
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:06 AM   #19
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
Janet, I feel your pain, but it isn't my hubby keeping me awake. It's Marty!!! He steals my pillow every night and I feel bad disturbing his sleep so I just scoot down on the bed and try to sleep without one. LOL
You poor girl!! We sure spoil these babies don't we? Now you go get your Christmas list and add 'pillow' to it, okay! Joey always sleeps between my legs or at the foot of the bed we have this bench with a pillow on it. Sometimes he will sleep there.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #20
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Isn't that non sleeping thing a pain? There are times when I sleep like a baby (other than hubby snoring). Then there will be a week to two weeks of waking up at 3 or 4 and not being able to go back to sleep. Not sure what causes it, but I sure don't like it.
I had sleeping issues for years - since I was a kid even. A couple years ago I just got to the point of not being able to handle it anymore. I am now on Ambian. Works like a charm. A few of the side affects is memory loss and eating in your sleep. I experience both these. I've really noticed my memory has slipped and I wake up at times with snacks on my nightstand. (crumbs stuck to my lips) None of which though have bothered me enough to stop taking it. I NEED my sleep.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #21
katepoet

What great side affects! That eating one belongs in fiction!
Old 11-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #22
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Those are odd side effects. I need something with the side effect of exercising strenously while in deep sleep! Maybe someone should invent a pill like that!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #23
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Diana has your hubby gone for a good health check recently? With the flood and all, stress, you know, it might be a good idea to get a good once over. Would he go if you asked him?
He was at the doctor the other day to have a spot taken off of his face and everything seemed to be fine. They checked his blood pressure and blood sugars and they were in the proper ranges.

He's trying to figure out whether to buy a $87.000 combine. He's never spent that much money on equipment before but in buying something cheaper it means that he'd have to do more repairs. He just gets up and reads his Bible when he can't sleep and considers it a productive time. It's hard for me to advise him because I really don't know how our finances are and what payments are on the other stuff. He handles all of that stuff.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #24
katepoet

I'll take some of that exercise side effect, Diana. Bottle it up and send it out when you find it.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #25
Janet

Quote:
Those are odd side effects. I need something with the side effect of exercising strenously while in deep sleep! Maybe someone should invent a pill like that!!!!!!
Wouldn't that be wonderful...I would be looking totally good!!! LOL
Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #26
Janet

Quote:
He was at the doctor the other day to have a spot taken off of his face and everything seemed to be fine. They checked his blood pressure and blood sugars and they were in the proper ranges.

He's trying to figure out whether to buy a $87.000 combine. He's never spent that much money on equipment before but in buying something cheaper it means that he'd have to do more repairs. He just gets up and reads his Bible when he can't sleep and considers it a productive time. It's hard for me to advise him because I really don't know how our finances are and what payments are on the other stuff. He handles all of that stuff.
Heaven forbid something would ever happen to him Diana, but you need to be more involved with the money. You would have enough to deal with without trying to learn the finances. Just a word of caution.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #27
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
I had sleeping issues for years - since I was a kid even. A couple years ago I just got to the point of not being able to handle it anymore. I am now on Ambian. Works like a charm. A few of the side affects is memory loss and eating in your sleep. I experience both these. I've really noticed my memory has slipped and I wake up at times with snacks on my nightstand. (crumbs stuck to my lips) None of which though have bothered me enough to stop taking it. I NEED my sleep.

Ohhh...so that's where my memory went! I have never had a good memory, but now it's gotten worse. Luckily, I don't really care. The Ambien is a godsend though. I sleep like a baby. My gyno talked me into it about 5 years ago. She said the no sleeping thing is pre, during and post-menopause related and there's no reason to suffer. I'm all for that philosophy.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote