4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #16
catlover

I agree with Pearl. I find when I'm on the computer at night-it's not that I "can't" sleep-I just don't want to!!!

Maybe you should try reading a book instead? I used to read TONS. I'd read a few chapters each night, and then be tired enough to go to sleep. (see...being on the computer has even cut into my reading time, lol!)

I've never been one to take drugs-I've never taken anything stronger than Excedrin Migraine. I always worry that with drugs-the "cure" might be worse than the problem, but that's just me!

Or...you can always take Pope's advice, and get some "exercise". Probably make your hubby a very happy man!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #17
Gwen

Lol! That totally zonks him out, but it wakes me up even more! LOL
Old 03-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #18
HALEY

i have a one year old son, that is teething, need i say more.
What sleep....
Old 03-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I've been taking ambien for about 4 years now, and it really works for me. Sleep went out the window when menopause began.

When I mentioned becoming addicted to my gyno, she said -"So what? You have to sleep." I've actually decreased the dose because it's much less money for the generic, and had no problem with it.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm glad you don't have problems with it either Judy. I finally remembered what I heard about it and it was that some have very vivid nightmares or dreams. It didn't affect me that way at all. I was able to sleep just fine with it.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #21
Gwen

Hmmm, might have to finally check it out! lol
Old 03-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #22
CoyoteQueen

someone correct me if I am wrong........but dosent green tea have caffiene? and gwen, dont you drink it alot?

I could sleep around the clock I swear! but on the nights I am super keyed up, or if someone is annoying me, like a hubby on the computer while I am trying to sleep! Or if I just am so overtired I cant relax, I take 1 benadryl. If I take only 1 I wont wake up drowsy. it takes longer to fall asleep with 1 than with 2, but when I do fall asleep, like maybe 1/2 hour, I sleep soundly, and I wake easily the next am. I use the generic kind and its super cheap. I dont use it often, but will if I need to.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #23
Gwen

Wait.....does it? Omg, I never thought about that! I swear I pee straight green tea! LOL
Old 03-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #24
pearl

i put on an extra blanket and i sleep better, the weight helps me. course when the weather gets warm i'm in trouble.
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:56 AM   #25
Ponyup

I do know tea has caffiene, but I'm not sure about green tea. I have been very emotional lately, you can read my threads if you want. I tried everything, I wasn't eating or sleeping. My doctor put me on xanax but i'm only take it when I'm miserable because I'm afraid of dependence. I talked to my sister in law who has a masters in psychology & she said I was anxious about being anxious. I was getting myself more worked up trying to eat & trying to sleep that it was making those things harder. So her advice was not to think about it. If you're not hungry don't eat....if you're not tired don't go to sleep. Your body won't let itself go without what it needs for very long & it worked. I also started taking yoga....it seemed to really help & I want to try tai chi also. I've taken two yoga classes both from 8-9 & I slept really hard after them. I've also started therapy. Since you say you have night terrors you might want to talk to your doctor about going to a sleep clinic & they might be able to help you. You might be subconscienceously afraid of sleeping.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #26
pearl

green tea can have caffeine, but it doesn't if it's decaf green tea.
in regular green tea it has less than black tea.
Gppd Earth makes a decaf green tea, and it's my favorite.
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote