4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 09-25-2006, 06:12 AM   #16
Carolyn

Thanks Suzi and I'm glad to hear that TJ is doing better now. What ever happened after you contacted superintendant and the school district?

No child should have to go to school in fear and I will do whatever it takes so it doesn't happen to my kids! The boy was on the bus Friday and my son said nothing happened. Hopefully for everyone's sake it stays this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
Carolyn,

I totally understand your frustrations with the incident on the bus! Several years ago, when TJ was in the 3rd grade, he rode the bus each day to and from school. Not too long into the school year, this one particular kid would "wait" for him on the bus and once it got going, he'd hold TJ down in the seat and punch him in the nose. After the first incident, I went to the bus driver (we are NOT fortunate to have such great drivers here as Janet). She said she'd check into it. The next day, same thing! This time, I went to the principle of the school and he said he'd check into it. So here we are on day 3 of the week and yep, you guessed it, same freaking thing happened! This time, I took further action - I called the superintendant of buses and I contacted the administrative offices of our school district to report both the bus driver, the principle, and the child who was doing this to TJ. I then pulled him off the bus and began taking him to school each morning and picking him up in the afternoons - and have been doing that ever since and he's in the 10th grade now! With his ADD and Dyslexia (and his immaturity), he used to constantly get bullied and picked on. I couldn't, with a clear conscience, subject him to that on a school bus - he was upset in the morning wondering if the kid was going to "get him" then and then worrying about it all day cause he knew he had to ride the bus home in the afternoon. Once I began to take him and pick him up, his grades picked back up - he was not worried about that anymore! I realize the solution to remove him from the bus does not work in all situations but for me, I felt it was the only solution I had.

Janet - if you ever want to move down here and teach these bus drivers a thing or two, you can stay with me If TJ had had a bus driver as caring as you are for the safety and well being of all the students on the bus, I would have left him on there! God bless you for what you do!
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:13 AM   #17
Carolyn

WOW! We live close to each other. I'm actually right at the border of Monmouth and Ocean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Hi Carolyn... We are not far I live in Monmouth Cty. I also want to suggest that you keep a journal or a diary. This way you have exact dates of when this happens and hopefully you won't need to after the driver is informed. I a realtor and I do keep journals when problems arise, this way no one can say I didn't say that, or this didn't happen lol I always have things documented when things get crazy.. Good Luck, I know how you feel , its the mother lion instincts that come out of us when our children are hurt.... Gina
Old 09-25-2006, 05:36 PM   #18
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
WOW! We live close to each other. I'm actually right at the border of Monmouth and Ocean!

We should do lunch one day... I was looking at the photo of you and your kids and you look so familar.. Your not originally from Bklyn are you?...lol I feel like I know you from somewhere, check out my photo I posted and let me know, lol if I look familar...

Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:38 AM   #19
Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
We should do lunch one day... I was looking at the photo of you and your kids and you look so familar.. Your not originally from Bklyn are you?...lol I feel like I know you from somewhere, check out my photo I posted and let me know, lol if I look familar...

Gina
Gina I don't think you look familiar. I'm originally from Staten Island. I would love to do lunch! Now that the kids are in school I have a lot of free time.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 AM   #20
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Carolyn...how are things going with the new bus driver. Hope things are going better.