4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet my deal you are no way a loser.. If that is the case many of us are too.. First let me inform you my kids never went on the computer to look but there are many scholarships offered online and from various organizations. Google and see what you come up with.

Secondly my children are both in college my daughter is studying over the summer to take her OAT tests to get into optometry medical school for next fall. Both of my children are in private colleges , my kids have received scholarships which have helped a lot. They also got stafford loans and my husband had to co sign for private loans. There is no way that we can educate them 100 percent. My kids take summer classes in which I have paid for and believe me one class is an exorbitant amount.

My son went to a community school for the first few years I paid that it was not a large amount. I do contribute for books, and whatever expenses occur, my daughter has an apartment with a roommate, she had saved some money and I am helping her with the rest.. I work hard as many others and help as much as I can. I never would take out an equity loan on my house to pay off their loans. I always feel that they are young and will pay back the loans in time.. At our age we have to worry about our retirement and besides we wouldn't want to be a burden on our kids if we need them to support us in our old age..

So Janet let him talk to his advisor at school they can be of help.. He wants to take up a great trade and he will reap in the money.. Do what you can and he will be fine..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote