4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #16
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We have a lot of deer here too. I hit two with my old Tahoe and it's not a fun thing to do!

Janet, does have a lot of deer in her area. We saw a few when we were out driving.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #17
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Almost my whole family hunts, and I grew up on meat my dad hunted or we fished! I love deer sausage, and my dad usually gets pepperoni and beer sticks made too. As for moose, I like moose roasts but not really steaks or anything like that. My dad, his friend, my uncle, and my cousin went out and got 4 moose last month, so our freezers are going to be well-stocked!
When we get low on meat, there are a lot of farms near my parents' house that raise elk and bison, so we sometimes just buy one between a few family members and split it up.
And yes, there are a LOT of deer and moose up here, so my feelings on it are that we're controlling the population and feeding ourselves. It doesn't go to waste! I have never hit a deer but almost everyone I know has! A friend of mine hit a moose and completely smashed up her car beyond recognition, and she was stranded on the side of the highway in the middle of the night, until a trucker pulled over to give her a ride! Around here there are always wildlife in the ditches. There have even been deer wandering into the city! I remember a dead deer on an overpass a few years ago.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The maintenance workers here put fences up around all of our shrubbery in front of our houses this morning. I was talking to one of the guys who said they come in and eat the plants. I would love to see them up close. They are beautiful animals.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #19
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I knew a woman who actually had a buck for a house pet. How crazy is that. They can actually be very dangerous.

Isn't it wonderful that God provides such bounty for us. It seems that our whole continent has lots of deer.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote