4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 10-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #16
Cribal

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
So - did you stop by the store? If so, what color did you get? Wish my hair would hold a color but......I've even tried using the colors from the store (cheaper than going to the beautician!) but they all wash out too....usually within a week!! So I just don't spend the money on it anymore.
No I didnt' make it to the store and get to dye my hair. I forgot about my FIL having surgery on his knee and so I went straight to his house after work to go by and see how he was doing. Maybe I'll get something done this weekend.

I was thing about someting similar to what I did a couple years ago. I got my hair trimmed and the had the top layer cut about and inch shorter than the underneath. Went to my mom's house and we pulled my top part up and a pony tail and dyed the bottom read and then then top a dark brown (almost black). It actually turned out pretty damn good considering me and mom didn't know what in the world we were diong. I don't want to do the same colors though. I want to do something a little different this time. I'm thinking blonde or brown on top and blue underneath. (My mom would FREAK!!!) I'll have to think about it a little more over the weekend. I'll keep ya updated and take pics. if I do it this weekend.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:29 AM   #17
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribal
I was thing about someting similar to what I did a couple years ago. I got my hair trimmed and the had the top layer cut about and inch shorter than the underneath. Went to my mom's house and we pulled my top part up and a pony tail and dyed the bottom read and then then top a dark brown (almost black). It actually turned out pretty damn good considering me and mom didn't know what in the world we were diong. I don't want to do the same colors though. I want to do something a little different this time. I'm thinking blonde or brown on top and blue underneath. (My mom would FREAK!!!) I'll have to think about it a little more over the weekend. I'll keep ya updated and take pics. if I do it this weekend.
I did this once too! Except I did dark dark brown underneath and red on top... My grandma, of all people, thought it was the best my hair ever looked! Right now I have dark brown on the long bottom layers and bangs, and light brown on the top layers. My roots are starting to show so I think in the next couple of weeks I'm going to dye it all dark brown, and then bleach out some highlights and then dye them red.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:31 AM   #18
khardy57

Sounds like everyone likes to experiment with hairstyles and color. I do too. If I don't color, I have this silver streak that I detest! I put a medium ash brown on mine and after 3 days the top looks highlighted.

I've been every color in the rainbow. It's a joke at work because when I get "antsy" everybody will ask what I'm going to do to my hair. I always tell them it's just hair ---it grows back!
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:11 AM   #19
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I usually have mine cut about the same way everytime, but I did have the color darkened just a hair (is that a pun?) for winter. Wish I had courage to do something totally different. Maybe next summer, after school is out and no one can see if it goes bad!!!....LOL
Old 10-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #20
khardy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I usually have mine cut about the same way everytime, but I did have the color darkened just a hair (is that a pun?) for winter. Wish I had courage to do something totally different. Maybe next summer, after school is out and no one can see if it goes bad!!!....LOL

You need to find a hairdresser you really trust and let her advise you on color and style.....then do it! It's fun! My husband used to roll his eyes every time I came in with something different!
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote