4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #16
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

lol I would love to live somewhere where I don't have to worry about severe windchill warnings and keeping track of how many minutes I can be outside without getting frostbite! Before I went to bed last night I checked the weather network, and it was -40 C without the windchill factor (also -40 F) and WITH windchill was -53 C (-63.4 F)! I'm staying locked up in my house today Counting down the days until summer!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
There is just no way I could ever live where it can get that cold. I know from pictures you've posted that it is beautiful in the summer, but the winters are bad enough here.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You mean there is a yard under all of that snow? I forget - it's green right?

My front landscaping is now fenced in to keep the deers from eating the bushes. I don't have anything to do with it anyway. The condo takes care of it.

Enjoy your yard work and the warm weather you southerners!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #19
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Judy

How much snow do you have right now???
Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #20
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Okay, the weird double post thing is striking again. My full post is below. Thank goodness for the edit feature!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #21
Marilyn

There was a guy I used to work with who would fly down from Toronto to work with me from time to time. He loved to come in the winter and to rent a convertible and drive around with the top down and no shirt. Even when we thought it was too cold to do that, he said it felt good. He hated the cold winters, but his family and livelyhood were in Toronto. Haven't talked to him in a long time. His valves were very good, but very expensive and hard for us to sell.

BTW, he didn't drive like that on sales calls of course. When he'd leave us to drive to his next stop in Houston or somewhere or in the evenings he would do this. He liked the longer days we had here so far south. He was really a beach bum deep down.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #22
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

The temps here have been up and down. We've had a couple of 70* days (at different times) and by evening the temperatures have dropped to freezing. It's just been crazy!! I just can't imagine it being warm enough in the winter to do yard work!!!

Lindsey, I can't imagine being as far north as you are either!!! I hope that when it's cold there that it's with a low humidity!! When it's humid the cold is so much colder. That's the problem that we have here with the cold. I know that when we used to go snow skiing in Colorado the temperature would be really low but it didn't seem so cold because the humidity was very low. We drank gallons of water, used bottles of lotion, and went through tubes of Blistex!!!! It was very different from what we were used to.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #23
Marilyn

Today when I got off work on the coast, it was 40 deg and foggy. The air felt wet. And I had to stop for gas. When I got home, farther inland, it was 42 deg and no fog, just mist. I guess I just have a low tolerance for cold. When I was putting gas in the truck, the wind was blowing through my pants legs, and it felt sooo cold. I know you're not supposed to, but I got in the truck while the tank was filling. Brrrrrrrr.....
Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #24
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It started off about 43 and rainy this morning. It was a damp cold and I was chilly. Then about noon, the sun peaked out and I think it topped off about 65. It felt very nice outisde. It's supposed to be nice the rest of the week.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:23 AM   #25
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sure wish it was nice here. Yesterday we had some ice/snow and it made the roads very slick. It all came in around 10 AM. This morning we have a two hour delay. More ice came in overnight and this morning. Still too slick in my opinion and they should call school all together, but they won't. Suppose to be in the low to mid 30's and down in the teens at night all this week. I just want warmth!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:30 AM   #26
2tiredmom

Back to the snow blower. My hubby uses ours even in the winter blowing snow.
It really works when the snow is really powdery and light. Then he doesn't have to get the big mower out with the blower on it.
We are also hoping to redo our landscaping out in front of our house this summer.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 AM   #27
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tiredmom View Post
We are also hoping to redo our landscaping out in front of our house this summer.

What are you planning to do or how are you planning to change it? I love to hear/read about landscaping!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #28
2tiredmom

Here are pics of what the front of my house looks like as of today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A8019283.jpg (202.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 773FA2A8.jpg (198.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #29
2tiredmom

It just needs a major over haul. House was built in 1991. So I'm sure the landscaping is that old too. We have lived here since 2002.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #30
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Nice home, Linda. I'm sure that the yard looks better when it's springtime.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote