4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
Shada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
No comment from me lol
Bundle up everyone!
My fingertips still don't have all the feeling back after freezing them in my gloves, shovelling the sidewalks after work today (3 hours ago!). It has been snowing every single day!

Lindsey, wear mittens when shoveling! Really makes a huge difference.. get a nice thick pair, you will never have frosted fingers again!

Cold here too.. brrrrr
Went out for dinner with a few friends and coming home it was -17 degrees.
School cancelled for tomorrow. I am leaving my water on all night... I don't ever remember it being this cold. Not a good time for busted pipes!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:20 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
No school today either!!! Temp this morning is -12 with a wind chill of -27...brrrrrrr. I have to go get my hair cut at 9:30, so I'm definitely warming up the van....I don't care how much gas costs....lol
Old 01-16-2009, 04:37 AM   #18
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

It's 41 deg here this morning, wind chill has it at 31. I hope it warms up soon. We have all the patio plants in the house right now. The actual temperature was down to 31 Tuesday night, and just don't want the plants to freeze. Some of them are left over from Melissa's wedding and we're keeping them for her until she gets a larger place (her little balcony looked like a jungle and when she brought all of them in their apartment was full). It's such a bother this time of year bringing the plants in, putting them out, then in a again. But, I'd much rather deal with this than the temperatures that some of you are, and moving plants is much easier than shoveling snow!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:13 AM   #19
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shada View Post
Lindsey, wear mittens when shoveling! Really makes a huge difference.. get a nice thick pair, you will never have frosted fingers again!
Yes, I do have a nice thick pair of mittens, but Layla likes to eat them because they're fuzzy Anyways, I cleaned out my closet and put a bag of stuff downstairs, and now I can only find one mitten. Either Layla took it and hid it for herself, or it's still in that bag!

Today we're supposed to get up to 0 degrees! A big change from -30 yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be +2! So things will start melting, and freezing again when it goes back below 0 a couple days later. I hate this time of year because of all the ice!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #20
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Boy, you guys further north are really cold!!! We're suppose to warm up to 31* today. Still cold but not as bad as yesterday!!! We got enough snow yesterday to cover the ground, not much but it was pretty when it was falling. We're in a fire warning because things are dry and it's windy. Strange for this time of the year.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #21
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Yes, I do have a nice thick pair of mittens, but Layla likes to eat them because they're fuzzy Anyways, I cleaned out my closet and put a bag of stuff downstairs, and now I can only find one mitten. Either Layla took it and hid it for herself, or it's still in that bag!

Today we're supposed to get up to 0 degrees! A big change from -30 yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be +2! So things will start melting, and freezing again when it goes back below 0 a couple days later. I hate this time of year because of all the ice!
Lindsey, I just realized that your talking celcius and we're talking farenheit. I thought you were at 0 deg F and -30F. If things are thawing at +2, that's above freezing, above 32F. You're cold, but not as cold as we were thinking that you are. Maybe we need to start putting F and C after our temperatures. Love you, girl!! Don't freeze up there!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #22
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Lindsey, I just realized that your talking celcius and we're talking farenheit. I thought you were at 0 deg F and -30F. If things are thawing at +2, that's above freezing, above 32F. You're cold, but not as cold as we were thinking that you are. Maybe we need to start putting F and C after our temperatures. Love you, girl!! Don't freeze up there!!
lol sorry! I usually try to do the conversions for you guys but sometimes I get lazy. We've went from -45 to 0 (C) in a week. I went out last night on a pub crawl and didn't take a jacket I hate having to deal with coat check!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It was -2 on my thermometer yesterday. I think it warmed up today, but it snowed all day. It snows every day - sometimes a lot, but mostly a soft snowfall at some point. My deck almost has now up to the top. I hope it doesn't collapse. Am I supposed to shovel it?

Stay warm everybody!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #24
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

It got up to 70 in Sunny FL today, beautiful, lots of sunshine, but we might get snow in Tampa on Wed.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #25
Janet

It's going to get up to 40 degrees this week. Yay!!!! A heatwave!!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #26
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
It was -2 on my thermometer yesterday. I think it warmed up today, but it snowed all day. It snows every day - sometimes a lot, but mostly a soft snowfall at some point. My deck almost has now up to the top. I hope it doesn't collapse. Am I supposed to shovel it?

Stay warm everybody!
I'd just stick a hair dryer out there for awhile!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #27
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post

Old 01-20-2009, 04:29 AM   #28
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna1990 View Post
It got up to 70 in Sunny FL today, beautiful, lots of sunshine, but we might get snow in Tampa on Wed.
Snow in Tampa??? It snows in Tampa??? Really, I never knew it would snow there.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #29
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

It snowed once in the 70's, there was enough that it stayed for a while.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 AM   #30
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post

A "snow blower?"

I'm not digging out there. Lots of the homes here have the same amount of snow on the decks, so I guess they'll either all collapse or none of them will.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote