4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #16
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
That looks alot like Trade Days in Canton, only they also have a lot of pavillions. I'm so glad you took pictures! The dogs are precious in their stroller. I'm so happy that Gary walked so far Ok, what did you buy???
Do you live near Canton? I used to go there at least once a year!! I love going!!! I have a couple of aunts and uncles that take motor homes and camp. I don't go any more because they are starting to carry a lot more imported stuff. There is absolutely nothing like being at Canton!!! My home is filled with many, many things that I've purchased from there!!!

Gayle.......That looked like it was fun to go to!!!! I love shopping that way!!!! We have a garage sale weekend along a certain highway near Kansas City and I have a cousin that goes. I would love to go with her because I guess that she finds some really good buys!!! I love old things!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #17
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

No, I don't live near Canton - I live about 5 hours away! I would love to go sometime - Gary and I talk about it but we never seem to make it up there!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

How wonderful that Gary was able to do so much! He is very handsome, as are the boyz.

I hope your feet have recovered! I love an antique flea market like that. I used to go to one near New Hope, PA. I'm yearning for spring so that I can check out the yard sales and whatnot around here. There are a lot of auctions too. I met a woman who will teach me how to do an auction, otherwise I might find that I have bougth $4,000 bowl or something.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I met a woman who will teach me how to do an auction, otherwise I might find that I have bougth $4,000 bowl or something.

YIKES!! I don't know how to bid at an auction either - I certainly wouldn't want to win that $4000 bowl -
Old 04-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #20
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Do you live near Canton? I used to go there at least once a year!! I love going!!! I have a couple of aunts and uncles that take motor homes and camp. I don't go any more because they are starting to carry a lot more imported stuff. There is absolutely nothing like being at Canton!!! My home is filled with many, many things that I've purchased from there!!!
!
I live an hour and a half from Canton. We go in the spring and fall, because Canton in the summer is NOT fun, lol! We take our camper sometimes, but it's an easy day trip!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #21
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
How wonderful that Gary was able to do so much! He is very handsome, as are the boyz.
Oh, thanks so much Judy - I think he's pretty handsome too! Oh and the little boys too, of course!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #22
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
I live an hour and a half from Canton. We go in the spring and fall, because Canton in the summer is NOT fun, lol! We take our camper sometimes, but it's an easy day trip!
That's when my aunts and uncles go too because the summers are just too, too hot. They go in April and November with their motor homes. They may go at other times but they don't take the motor home. One of my aunt's and uncles live in Mt. Pleasant which is a couple of hours away. I have another aunt that lives in Van which is only 15 minutes from Canton.

I've gone to Canton once a year (with a few years skipped but not many) for the last 25 years or so. There is just no place like it, the people, the food, the smells!! I've got a knee that's bothering me now so I don't know if I can take the walking any more. :sad:

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #23
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Don't worry about walking Diana, just rent a scooter! Heck, we do that sometimes just because we're tired
Old 04-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #24
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

We have a lot of church or charity based thrift shops up here, and some nice consignment shops. I bought a cute turquoise summer dress, a beautiful scarf, and a pretty little dish in a consignment shop yesterday.

Then, I went into one of our local thrift shops to donate a sweater and bought a cozy henley shirt, a tee shirt (both also turquoise), an unused fleece nightshirt, and a nice pair of shoes that were not used. They were having a special - fill up a bag and pay a flat $4.00.

I brought them home, threw all of the clothes into the washing machine, and I was really happy with everything.

It was a great day for bargains!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #25
DianaB

That sounds like a fun day, Judy!! It's always nice to feel like you got a bargain!!!

After I stop laughing!!!