4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 09-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Oh, Lindsey, this sounds horrible. Looks like your company is on it's last thread. Time to look around. But when do you have the time? Do you know any head hunters you could contact? When they call around here, I keep track of their contact information just in case.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #17
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have some time in the evenings, but now that Scott is out of the office on another job, there's no way I could find an excuse to leave for interviews or anything like that. I have nobody here to cover me.

It's almost the end of the day and this still isn't done... still isn't even CLOSE to done. Here's what makes me so angry, and it's always like this: Right before lunch I asked the project manager if he wants water elevations shown on the ditch profile. He flatly said "no" so I left it alone. Then this afternoon he tells me he DOES want water profiles, for two different water levels, for 7km of ditch So that's what I'm still working on.

I am so upset and so tired. My stomach is in knots and it's making me feel nauseous. I have plans tonight that I will now have to cancel. Another project came in today that needs to be done by Friday (now the 5th in queue). I think I'm going to snap.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #18
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsay, I'm so sorry you are going through this. It is just the PITS to have to go to a job everyday that you don't like or that makes you so stressed out. It isn't good for you. But, this may not be the best time to look for a new job - so you may have to tough it out for awhile. But I would definitely be on the lookout as soon as possible.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #19
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Do y'all have unemployment compensation from your government should you be laid off?? Our oldest daughter's roommate was laid off a little over a week ago. She's getting $1,500 severence pay and will be able to collect unemployment for a few months. She's decided to take this opportunity to go ahead and live off unemployment as long as possible and get student loans to finish her education and then look for another job.

You already have your education, but was just wondering if, in the event that your company did fail, can you get unemployment for a while to give you a chance to find another job and still have some income. If so, it might be best to do as Gayle suggests and stick it out for now, but I would definitely keep my eyes open should something else that looks promising come along.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #20
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Marilyn, yes we do have EI - employment insurance. I believe you get around 60% of your last salary. My brother works in a trade, so he had to go to school for 2 months a year for 4 years. His company would lay him off for those two months so he could collect EI. But the pay wasn't a lot, and with a mortgage it won't be enough to live off of.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:06 AM   #21
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I really feel for you Linds!

And, what a bad time for your job to suck, what with the new condo, and the economy being so bad.

Hang in there....everything changes at some point.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #22
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Aww Lindsey I feel for you. Hang in there hopefully something better will come along.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote