4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Gayle, so glad that you are back, and sorry that the weather wasn't better for you. Do you suppose Gary picked up a bacteria on the cruise? Did you get off at any of the ports? So hope he is better very, very soon!!!! Will pray for both of you!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #17
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes, I think Gary picked up this bug on the cruise - but I don't think it was in any of the ports - I think it was from the ship. He did get off in Grand Turk, but only drank a margarita from Jimmy Buffet's restaurant, Margaritaville and I shared it with him.

Cruise ships are nortorious for spreading GI bacteria. He'll be OK, but he's pretty miserable right now.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:23 AM   #18
paula1961

So Sorry that Gary is sick. Sending prayers your way Gayle
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #19
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm so sorry to hear that Gary is sick. Poor guy. I'm sure that it's stressful for both of you when this happens. I hope he gets well soon.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #20
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Yay you're back!!! Don't know how I missed this!!! Yes I do....too much Facebook! I have always wanted to go on a cruise but when we went deep sea fishing....I didn't fare so well...LOL.

I would love to be able to eat all that good food although I'd be paying for it later. I did the South Beach Diet and lost over 50 lbs a couple years ago, but once you go off it...it all comes back.

Sorry Gary isn't feeling well. Poor guy...didn't really enjoy the cruise that well and now not feeling well. Hope he's feeling better soon.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #21
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Welcome back Gayle!!! I missed you!

Too bad the weather was not good, and that you were a bit seasick. It does sound like Gary enjoyed some of it, and that the food was yummmmy!

How is he feeling now? I hope it is easy to treat this infection. Cruises are known for these things, but it is a shame that Gary caught it!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #22
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I missed this post to.. Welcome home once again.. and I hope that Gary is feeling better..

Nothing worse than a bug. I remember when I was newly married we went to Acapulco, Mexico. I swear to you I stayed away from water and so much other food. I was thin to start with but believe me after two days I was sick as a dog and losing weight. Funny thing is at the time I was so sick and when I went to the hotel dr. he gave me over the counter drugs which happened to be sulfur pills and never told me to drink lots of water with it and he injected me with something at the time I didnt care. It was the dairy that made me sick, I met another couple who said that the malts was like back home.. I was soo hungry and thirsty from not eating anything never thought DUH!!! the milk was not pasterized... I picked up a parasite.

You live and learn and I will never go back to Mexico only in passing with a cruise ship in which I have.. The food is an abundance on the ships no place to be on a diet.. Gayle we usually have the early dinner, for I learned if you eat at the later time then you cannot go for the midnight buffett.. oy!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #23
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Gayle we usually have the early dinner, for I learned if you eat at the later time then you cannot go for the midnight buffett.. oy!

You are exactly right Gina There's no room for the midnight buffet if you have the late dinner!!! But I didn't make the arrangements, so I was stuck with the late dinner.

When we went on an Alaska cruise, we also had the late dinner. BUT it was daylight till midnight - and our table was right beside floor to ceiling windows and the view was breathtaking - so we really enjoyed our late dinner. We would stay till they closed the dining room, about 10:30, just sipping wine and enjoying the view and good company.