4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #16
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Just ordered Bare Minerals from Sephora. Wow, what a site. Lots of really good stuff. Can't wait to get my order!! Thank you for sharing Ice!!
no problem marilyn...hope it works for you!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #17
Khristine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice queen
oh man..i'm sorry i hate to get my hopes up about a product and it not deliver....i use the paintbrush thing all over my face to cover my scars and little blue veins(for some reason i got them when i was pregnant and they never went away...thinking about having them zapped) plus i'm so pale being a redhead that i have to have color or i look like a corpse...my mom always tells me don't foret to put your lips on! i sweat and it stays on and doesn't make my face look oily except my t-zone in the summer time. i love my face wash, etc. (posted a thread about it) but i still have blackheads on my nose and chin...the pore strips work somewhat but is there a way i can get rid of them all together...since you have a make-up forum i figured you might know some tips!!! do tell....

oh i have a great book thats talks about skincare, blackheads, etc ill have to find it, i posted it o my forums.. but the wonderful clutz that i am accidentally erased my whole forum on accident so i had to start all over lol

when i find it i for sure will post it
Old 09-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #18
KellyV

Bare Minerals - blech

Everyday Minerals - Yay!

EM doesn't contain bismuth (which clogs pores and makes me itch), is a lot cheaper than BE and doesn't make me break out. You can order free samples from their website for just the cost of shipping!

Check out - Everyday Minerals
Old 09-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #19
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Just ordered my sample kit of Everyday Minerals. Now can compare the two and see how they work. Thank you for all the information.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #20
KellyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Just ordered my sample kit of Everyday Minerals. Now can compare the two and see how they work. Thank you for all the information.

EM has different formulations - Intensive, Matte, Semi-Matte and Original Glo... The Original Glo isn't so great, I look oily really fast. I'll blend the Matte and Semi-Matte together to get the right shade... I've heard the Intensive formula is just awesome. I keep meaning to order a sample of that...

There is a bit of a difference between the formulas. The Original Glo turned orange on me really quick (and made me really shiney), but the matte/semi-matte mix didn't. If the samples you ordered don't work too well, order another sample kit in different colors/fomulations... You can order as many sample kits as you want, but you can only get one at a time.

BTW - The sample jars are a good size. I don't need to use a whole lot and can get a couple weeks use out of 'em! Totally worth the small shipping charge!

Last edited by KellyV; 09-11-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:36 AM   #21
hunbun

Thanks for all the great info everyone!
I just ordered my sample kit from EM as well. It would be great if it works out since BM is a little expensive and I've read several reviews about how it's kinda cakey or chalky for those with oily skin (like me!). SC seems cool too, but I don't like the idea of having to be on the hook with them for a purchase every 3 months. I just don't use makeup THAT much and having to cancel and restart every so often just to get the makeup is a bit of a PITA to me.

So excited for new makeup!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:51 AM   #22
ice queen

OOHHHH....thanks for the mineral makeup tip...i'm gonna have to on their website and see what they got....and as for it being cheaper..whatever keeps my money in my wallet (my hubby's-haha!!!) makes me happy-plus i can save up more $ for my total body rejuvenation!!!

Last edited by ice queen; 09-12-2006 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:52 AM   #23
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I went to a boutique in my town that sells Bare Minerals and had them do a makeover on me. It was just very heavy. And, you don't apply it like you do traditional makeup. At this point in my life, I just don't need something with so much coverage. Maybe later. Let me know how you like it, though! I have heard others give it rave reviews.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #24
ice queen

KHRISTINE....thank you girl for all your help...just give me a holler when you find that book...gotta go do a nose strip
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #25
Sherry Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley
Just curious...how much does bare minerals cost?
I buy it at Ulta (local store.. no S&H) and the foundation is $25. It lasts FOREVER, though! I don't use the Mineral Veil... just the foundation, highlighter and eye shadows. I'm a real glitter whore, and they have some really shiny stuff. I think the eyeshadows are $12, and again, they last forever!
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:44 AM   #26
Sherry Lynn

Now I'm going to have to try the EM... they have more color options than BM does!
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #27
KellyV

I'm happy to see that everyone is trying the EM!
Let me know how you all like it!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:05 AM   #28
ice queen

I just ordered the free sample kit from EM and sent my mom the info too so can't wait till it comes in and i get to play make-up!!!
Old 09-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #29
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Okay, my bare minerals arrived and I decided this afternoon to try it out. I really liked the way it went on, so I got all fixed up and went and as my husband what he thought. He wasn't sure, but thought that it made me look older, more wrinkles. He wanted me to go put on my regular makeup and let him see, so I did, and he said my regular foundation looks much better.

I really liked the idea of the Bare Minerals, and the way it went on. Maybe I need some with more coverage, but don't want to spend another $25 trying it out.

I've also ordered the sample kit for the Everyday Minerals, perhaps that will work better.

Will see....
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #30
Pink Martini

I just started using Bare Minerals last week. I really like it. I like the way it goes on and stays on. I also like the way you can control the amont of coverage. I'm new to it but so far I think it's a

Pam