4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #31
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good, Janet! 12 pounds is great!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #32
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That's great, Janet!!! You're doing so good!!!

I'm down some more and the scales are just about 2 pounds from where I was at so I'm pretty happy about that. I've been having an Atkins bar and shake for lunch and it's really helped with my weight loss. I have one of my low carb muffins and a couple of cups of coffee for breakfast, then the Atkins bar and shake for lunch, then we have a low carb supper. And I've been snacking on a couple of slices of cheese in the middle of the afternoon. I find that I'm not hungry during the day so this is working for me.

Amy has lost 50 pounds now!! She looks so good!! Dae Lynn is still around 40 pounds and she's struggling right now with everything going on. It's so nice that we're dieting together!!

For Easter the girls make quite a bit of low carb food......but my diet went out the window with Mom's lemon pie.....my favorite!!! Oh well.....I'm back on now!! And it sure was good!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #33
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm go glad you are almost back to where you were Diana. It's hard and not fun trying to lose weight and keep it off. Everytime you turn around there is a holiday, celebration or just something where food is involved.

Got on the scales this morning (drank extra water yesterday) and down another lb. So total to date is 13 lbs gone. I just wish it showed. When you weigh as much as me, then it takes a lot of time. As I mentioned, I started at 259...how bad is that???? I have never weighed that much and it's not healthy for me. Now I'm at 246 and I am thrilled. I know I'll hit another plateau, but I'm expecting it and will get through it. I hope by the next time you see me Diana, that I'll be fit and trim.

Good luck to you too and all of us who are trying to lose.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #34
DianaB

I started at 250 and by my scales I'm at 223. I'm pretty happy with that and I'm still working on it. I was in size 22 clothes and now I'm getting into some 18s. You'll see a difference soon. It took a while before people started noticing that I was losing weight.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #35
Janet

In elastic waste jeans I was wearing 3X and now I have plenty of room in 2X. Same with shirts, glad I didn't throw any out or I would have to go naked and that would not be pretty at all..

It's so hard to wait, when I want to actually see a difference.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #36
DianaB

I still wear some of my bigger clothes.....expecially my every day things. I bought some clothes last year at garage sales and I will say that they have come in really handy!! I've bought a few things to wear to church that are new. Having to buy new clothes is the hard part of losing weight because I have some things I really like!! Oh well.....it's still nice to fit in the smaller things!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #37
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good for both of you! That's where it really shows..when you go down in clothing sizes!

Diana, when I lost 35 pounds years ago, I took my most favorite clothes and had them altered to fit. The tailor thought I was crazy! She kept saying, "Why don't you just buy new ones" Because I loved those ones!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #38
Janet

Thanks Judy. It can be really difficult at times, but I must say I'm not doing without anything I like and I'm never hungry. I'm just using that application and entering my calories. I knew I would fail AGAIN if I couldn't have things I enjoyed eating. So far so good.

Now with it being warm out again I can get out and get some exercise just by doing my yard work. I'm waiting till May to plant flowers. Just not taking the chance of a real hard freeze. Being outside instead of sitting on my 'you know what' will help out immensley!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #39
DianaB

Judy, that's a great idea!! At first I thought that my daughter, Amy, could wear them but she wears a different style than I do.....but now we're about the same size.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #40
Janet

Weighed this morning and now at 245...yea!!! I'm happy. It's coming off slower now than it did for the first couple weeks, but at least it's still coming off. I think getting out and working in the yard is helping too. I love being outside, this year it just seems better.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #41
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have not lost anything yet. I'm walking on my treadmill every evening right after work, at least 2 miles in 30-35 minutes. I work up a sweat and feel good about myself but it's not showing on the scale!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #42
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsey, you probably won't lose any weight with exercise alone. I know it sounds crazy, but there have been lots of studies to show that exercise it not a good weight loss strategy unless you do like 2 hours per day or something like that. Exercise is very good at keeping the weight off after you lose by calorie restriction.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #43
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

My program is telling me I'm allowed 1750 calories per day and I'm staying around 1500 every day

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #44
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think 1500 is too many for you in the beginning. 1200 is a good number to start with
Old 04-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #45
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Lindsey, from the pictures I don't see where you want to loose weight. But if you do, the best way is to start eating 5-6 small meals a day. Make tuna sandwiches an eat one half and save the other for a few hours later and so on. Keep slice apples deep in peanut butter to snack on.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote