4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 05-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
lol....Well...I gained .2 ...LOLOL Not bad....but not good either.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #32
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Don't give up, Janet!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #33
Janet

I'm really not even trying Diana. Too much other stuff going on...but it's fun to be with the other 'dieters'...lol.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #34
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I got stuck at 139.5 until yesterday. Now I'm down to 137, which is great. I've been cheating a bit though. Today I had an extra shake (we are allowed if we are really having a hungry day), and extra peanut butter for the past 4 days. Im allowed 1 tbsp of peanut butter as an optional snack. I had 2 tbsp. today. So, an extra shake and an extra tbsp of pb. That's not bad at all, but I don't want to get into a pattern and begin to gain again.

My goal weight is 132, but now that I've lost 13.5 pounds, I can live with the weight I am now very happily. I have a few bulges, and I will never have a flat stomach again, but I feel good, my clothes fit, and I am happy with how I look.
132 might be too thin anyway. I think that at a certain age, too thin looks bad.
I have sharp features and look gaunt when I'm too thin.

My healthy BMI weight range is between 114 to 131 pounds. I don't want to be so thin.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm very happy with my weight right now, and feel that this diet has been a success. Now, to keep it off....

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #35
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I'm not really on a diet but I love to eat healthy at times.

A few days ago I went to buy a smoothy and saw a refrigerator with meals inside. I tried a wrap and it was soooo good. I grab a brochure to take and see what else they got.

Here's there web link:

perfectfitmeals.com

I only tried there wrap but I am going to try there others meals.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #36
DianaB

Good job, Judy!! It's always nice to get off of a plateau!!!

I'm about ready to start a diet. I have some friends that have been on Atkins and have done really well.....also, the diet is pretty much a diabetic diet. I'm still reading the book so it's going to be a while before I start.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #37
Janet

Be careful Diana....I've always heard the the Atkins diet isn't a healthy one to go on. Maybe Gayle will know more. I really think the only tried and true way to lose weight is to eat healthy, watch your portions and exercise. The weight will stay off longer. I'm just not good at eating healthy or exercising. I always have or find an excuse.

Good luck to you Diana.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #38
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Atkins is good for diabetics. Can you eat a lot of protein? I find that filling. Fiber is also filling. Have you got all the exchanges down? It is probably easier for you to cut carbs since you already have to. Wouldn't it be nice if it was healthy to be a bit overweight?

I am so sick of this diet! I ran out of bars, which are delicious, chewy, and satisfy me. Now I have to wait until my next delivery and all I have are liquidy foods. I called somebody who is on this diet, to see if she wants to trade me some of my food packages for some bars. I have to wait till she calls back.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #39
DianaB

That's a good idea to trade with someone else. Can you change your order so you get more bars next time?

Janet, the Adkins diet does allow carbs but you really watch what they are. I think that I'm going to try it. I do need to go to the doctor soon so I'll ask her about it......but she is promoting a diet that goes through her office.......and COSTS alot so I'm not sure what she'll tell me. I do like my doctor though.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #40
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi Diana, yes the Adkins diet is good for people with diabetes. The old Adkins diet used to be very radical and didn't allow hardly any carbs and it was hard on the kidneys. The new adkins is more reasonable and is pretty much how a person with diabetes should eat. I say go for it!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #41
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I don't see why a doctor is promoting an expensive diet! Well, you are smart enough to not go for it. Atkins is good, and you don't have to buy their food.

I weight 134.5 today!!! I broke that plateau, and only want to lose 2.5 pounds to reach my goal weight. Then, I will gain some back on the transition diet I'm guessing.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #42
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Hi Diana, yes the Adkins diet is good for people with diabetes. The old Adkins diet used to be very radical and didn't allow hardly any carbs and it was hard on the kidneys. The new adkins is more reasonable and is pretty much how a person with diabetes should eat. I say go for it!
Is it good for people that do not have diabetes too?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #43
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes, the new Adkins is fine for everyone! Just don't go completely carbless, and eat only protein. That is too hard on your kidneys.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #44
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

This is my diet. You go into ketosis, which they don't tell us, and lose weight fast.

Once the body uses up the stored carbs for energy, it starts to burn fat for energy.
Then, you lose fat! Easy peasy, but controversial. I do not think it is healthy for too long.

Once I lose the weight I want, I go into the transition diet, which brings carbs, like fruit in slowly. Then, I slowly balance out my nutrients to a certain caloric level, and stay on that. I would never recommend this diet to anyone. It is really controversial.

Atkins has gotten a good reputation lately. I would try it for a sensible weight control eating style.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #45
DianaB

The new Adkins diet allows for some carbs eventually. You start out with very few for a 2 to 4 weeks and then you start adding them in slowly to find out what point you start to gain....then you back them back off. The book I have is the New Adkins diet.....I still haven't gotten it all read!!! I'm going to try and have Glen do it with me so I won't be alone.

I need to check with the doctor first because of my kidneys and being diabetic. My numbers kinda' worried me with my last blood test. I'm making an appointment for this week.