4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #31
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
You know what Janet, controlling your eating is really really hard! Think about it. When you stop smoking, you stop and you don't physically need a cigarette (after you get past the physical aspect of addition). Same with drugs, alcohol, etc. You can just not smoke, not drink, not take drugs.

BUT you CANNOT go without food - you HAVE to eat, it's not something you can give up cold turkey and say, I will never eat a bite of anything again.

So, this makes controlling your eating doubly hard. It's true, controlling your eating may be much more difficult that any thing else.
That is so true Gayle....and it is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do....and again...I think I'm failing. We finally were able to use the gift card the guy who hit our tree gave us and this is what I ate for supper....fried jalepeno peppers, fried cheese puffs, fried broccoli and cauliflower, fried onion rings, fried catfish curls, tarter sauce and 2 beers. Now is this a heart attack waiting to happen or what????
I was absolutely miserable when we left. Oh yeah...I forgot to add a piece of garlic bread to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I have been eating Lean Cuisine for lunches and dinners, and all of these low fat, 100 calories snacks for about 3 or 4 weeks. I cheat OFTEN! For example, I went to Kingston on Tuesday, so I had my McDonald's. I'm losing, but veeerrrryyyy slowly.

I kind of like having a lo cal meal all ready in 5 minutes, but once I am outside, real food is so enticing!

Keep it up, Janet! I'm not going for thin anymore - just thinner! Keep your goals small and cheat every so often. Or, were you going for the bikini look? I'm not!
Me????? Bikini????? No way....LOL. I think the bikini days are over for good. I've got to do better, that's all there is to it or I'm afraid it's going to kill me.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #32
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I wouldn't plan on eating at that place again. One thing that Glen and I do sometimes is we plan ahead of going to a restaurant what we're going to order......trying to encourage each other to eat healthier. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We ARE eating more salads and a little more heathier though.

If you eat foods high in fiber you'll feel more full. I've been eating Great Grains with pecans.....yum!!! It's high in fiber and low in sugar and it really makes me feel full. Let me tell you.....I'm right there with you on the losing weight. It is so hard to do.......but I told the Dr. that I would lose weight so I'm working on it too.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #33
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

One trick for restaurant eating is to only eat half - since they usually serve you twice as much as you really need to eat. Gary and I often share something, but that only works if you are with someone who will share.

If you are not sharing, ask for a to go box when the meal comes (yes, the waiter will look at you like you are crazy, and you might have to ask for the box again, as they think you don't REALLY mean you want it when your food comes). When you get your food, put half of it in the to-go box, close it and set it out of sight, if possible.

Then take it home and eat it the next day. Usually the worst restaurant meal is not too bad if you only eat half and you usually won't end up feeling miserable. It doens't work to say that you'll only eat half and then take the rest home, you usually end up eating it all, if it stays on your plate. But if you put it in the box from the git-go, most likely you'll end up taking it home and eating it the next day.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:48 AM   #34
Janet

Great idea Gayle. I don't think we need to go to that restaurant for a long time. I felt so foolish after we got home....I know better!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #35
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

No more foolish than I feel when I gulp down a McD's! But, I know I am going to do it, and kind of allow it. I still feel dumb though.

I have lost 4 pounds though! I am very happy with this. I have about 8 to 10 more pounds to go. Last night, almost everyone brought deserts to the meeting. I had one plate of food, and one of deserts. Today, I will go back on my diet. Luckily, everybody takes their own leftovers home!

Somebody left a lemon meringue pie. I had an extra piece last night. Today, It is going into the garbage. If it was chocolate, I would eat it!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:24 AM   #36
DianaB

SEND IT HERE!!!! SEND IT HERE!!! I love lemon meringue pie.......OH WAIT......I'm dieting too.......Bummer.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #37
Janet

I've decided that trying to eat healthy sucks.... but I'll keep trying. Lost 5 lbs....gained 3..LOL....I'll try harder..LOL.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #38
DianaB

Personally I think that once you stay away from sugar and salt your cravings go away. I don't eat much salt anymore and I don't crave salty things and the same with sugar. I've been eating a lot more fruit than I used to. I do keep sugar-free cookies that I allow myself once a day. Wal-mart has the sugar-free chocolate fudge covered cookies......Yum!!! I can have three a day!!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #39
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

You are right, Diana. The less sugar and carbs I eat, the less I want Unfortunately, that is all I've eaten for about a week I have such a sick relationship with food!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:06 AM   #40
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It is true. I just stopped eating sandwiches, and I threw out the bread that had started to get moldy. If I was to have a sandwich though, I would have to eat bread for a couple of weeks until I got over it!

I still need carbs though. I love Pirate's Booty, which is kind of expensive, but has lots of air in between the carbs. I also love all of the soy treats, but I eat too many of them.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #41
Janet

Ricky loves the Cookies and Creme Pop Tarts. He takes them and eats on his way to school. I never tried them until recently and all I can say is....THEY ARE SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! It would help if I could keep it out of the house.

Also...it's like Rick is trying to sabotage me. I love Pecan Sandies and those Keebler type cookies with the chocolate stripes. He doesn't eat much of them, but keep buying them. I've told him to keep them in his truck or garage, but he won't do it. I asked him not to buy them and only buy the kinds he likes that I don't....so last night he brought in the ones I mentioned above. I really appreciate his support......NOT!!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #42
DianaB

If you check the Pecan Sandies they probably don't have a lot of sugar in them so just limit yourself to one or two. As for the chocolate striped cookies you can get them in sugar-free at Wal-mart. They are wonderful!!! I also buy the chocolate covered graham cookies that are sugar-free!! Yummmm!!! I only eat what is recommended as a serving, but they really help my sweet tooth and doesn't make me crave chocolate or sugar. I like to keep them in the fridge!! You might try that and see if that helps. Hugs!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #43
Janet

I'll be looking for them when I go to Wal Mart again. That's a great idea Diana. I haven't lost anymore I don't think. I haven't gotten on the scales.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #44
DianaB

One thing to remember when you're eating sugar-free foods is that it's only "sugar-free". They're not calorie or fat-free.......unfortunately. Glen doesn't remember that but it really helps me..........that and if you eat too much sugar-free chocolate it causes diarrhea!!!!!! BTW--Russel Stover chocolates are good too but only eat ONE at a time........trust me!!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 AM   #45
Janet

Didn't know whether to start another thread or come here AGAIN!!!

I went and got my hair cut yesterday. I wanted my hair a bit shorter, but feel I'm just too fat to have it too short. Anyway...decided I was going to TRY and start Weight Watchers again. I still have all the material that I was given when I was a member. I really liked having to be held accountable every week, but I just don't want to spend that money.

That's where you all come in. If you can help keep this thread active and ask me every Thurs. or Fri. what my weight is....I would really appreciate it. Today...Thursday..6/24/10 I weigh 251 lbs. Instead of trying to read all the booklets at once...I'm going to read one each week like when I was a member. I hope it works this time. I know I can do it....I just like all the bad stuff....chocolate mostly, breads.

So far today I've done good. I can have 29 points a day (plus the 35 extra weekly) and I've used 9 for breakfast. I'm going to have mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks of veggies or something else healthy to keep myself from getting so hungry. I know you're not suppose to be hungry on WW, but I was...so I need to keep an eye on that and make sure I have something between meals.

Yesterday I was talking to Lynne and I had to go eat something because I was shaking soooo bad. Hate that feeling. So here I go again.....please wish me luck and make me be accountable to you.