4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Site Comments & Suggestions

Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #31
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

He's having tantrums if he's banging the crib. It's not a good idea for him to know that tantrums work. He'll end up paying the price for that through his life. As mothers, we think we're doing the right thing by tending to our babies with love and caring, which we are. The hardest part of raising a child is loving them enough to set boundaries for them. They can't do it by themselves.

Nobody ever found it easy to raise a child!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #32
mommaof4boys

I had this problem with my oldest.. My X and I seperated for about 6 months when he was a baby. I made the mistake of letting him sleep with me since I was staying in a one bedroom house and I didn't want to sleep alone! LOL When my X and I got back together he would never go back to his bed!! I think it took me over a year or so to get him to go to bed when he was suppose to and stay in that bed alone! I know how you feel girl it was horrible!!! It will get better in time! Don't worry! I bet he is teething too. If he is around 1 especially he is probably getting those painful one year molars. (did I spell that right?)
Old 02-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #33
mommaof4boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
He's having tantrums if he's banging the crib. It's not a good idea for him to know that tantrums work. He'll end up paying the price for that through his life. As mothers, we think we're doing the right thing by tending to our babies with love and caring, which we are. The hardest part of raising a child is loving them enough to set boundaries for them. They can't do it by themselves.

Nobody ever found it easy to raise a child!

I totally agree here.. It is so much easier to give in and go pick them up than it is to let them cry it out... I had to do this several times before mine got the hint that the fits didn't work anymore... Best of luck girl! We are here for ya!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:41 AM   #34
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof4boys
I had this problem with my oldest.. My X and I seperated for about 6 months when he was a baby. I made the mistake of letting him sleep with me since I was staying in a one bedroom house and I didn't want to sleep alone! LOL When my X and I got back together he would never go back to his bed!! I think it took me over a year or so to get him to go to bed when he was suppose to and stay in that bed alone! I know how you feel girl it was horrible!!! It will get better in time! Don't worry! I bet he is teething too. If he is around 1 especially he is probably getting those painful one year molars. (did I spell that right?)
It is his teeth, i know my babies crys, and those are crys of pain. i been feeding him extra at night and giving him motrin now like my mom told me, and he did sleep last night til 4 am,
but i still have to listen to my mom which raised 3 kids, she always told me an infant crys for a reason, she never let none of us cry and we all turned out fine.
so if he wants to sleep with us, i'm going to let him, i love that boy, and yes, he will be spoiled, but to a point, he's going to know there are rules in life and if he breaks them he will be punished. I'm a sucker for tears, but not for a misbehaved child especially out in public, i will not put up with that..
My mom was a softy to, but in our house rules were rules. and if you broke them you got beat first and then grounded.. but you can't do that today....
i still remember my mom grabbing a wooden spoon, and all three of us would run,
even if you didn't do anything, you didn't know which child she was coming after. he- he...