4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 12-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #31
HALEY

Thanks Donna, i still don't know why the doctor wants me to wait til dec 26 th,, he only told me to see if the fluid dries up in his ear on its own, but why so long, i think i'm going to move his apt up... he is scratching the hell out of that one ear..
Old 12-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #32
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I don't understand why he is delaying this, BUT, my friend went through this and talked to a friend of his that worked for the Doctor and they got him right in. I say, "it is who you know". Maybe you should get a second opinion or tell this Doctor you will be looking for another one.
I am not happy with our medical professionals at all. I have been so upset these last six months because the appointment wait time has been 2 to 4 hours. Guess we don't have enough Doctors.
Poor baby, is he on any medication?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #33
HALEY

He was on two anti biotics, the first ones weren't strong enough only cleared up one ear infection and the second set cleared both up, there is just a fluid build up in both ears now... i want to move his apt up, but Mike is out of town and took that friday off so he can go.
But Micah is scratching that left ear really bad, i just might have to move it up and Mike will just have to come home early one week....
Old 12-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #34
HALEY

i can't take it anymore, i made Micah an appointmet for Friday at 9:30 am, if the doctors don't do anything about his ears, there going to deal with one pissed off mother in there office, the poor kid is digging those ears in his sleep and shaking his head, that fluid has to be driving him crazy.. i wish i could take him today...
if he gets any worse im just going to take him the the ER....
Old 12-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #35
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm so sorry, Haley, that Micah's still having trouble with his ears. I wish that there was something that I could suggest that would help. I'll keep praying for the little guy.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #36
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
I'm so sorry, Haley, that Micah's still having trouble with his ears. I wish that there was something that I could suggest that would help. I'll keep praying for the little guy.
Thanks Diana, its just driving me crazy i dont' know what to do, the doctor wants to see him Friday, but if he is still messing with that ear tonight, i'm jumping in my truck and taking him to med express, i don't want the poor kid to go death in that ear or it get worse.. i'm home by myself and Mike is still in Cleveland, its just very frustration to me... If that doctor don't do something this visit.. i'm going to be a very unhappy mother... and i don't think he wants to see that side of me... especially since its that time of month for me my patients are very thin right now...
Old 12-02-2008, 12:07 PM   #37
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Poor little Micah! I hope you get him the treatment he needs quickly.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #38
celstu1

What about ear candling? I think you can do that at home to see if it will draw the fluid out of his ears.
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #39
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Poor Micah. I sure hope he starts feeling better soon. He has to be pretty miserable to keep messing with that ear.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #40
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I am so sorry sweet heart, you are still in my prayers.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 AM   #41
HALEY

well he didn't mess with that ear to bad last night, i don't know what to do, wait till Friday or run him tonight to med express, my sister told me to take him tonight. so i might just pick him up at daycare and run there just to see what they say... i'll call my mother in law today to see if she can go with me or i'll go by myself...
Old 12-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #42
Tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
well he didn't mess with that ear to bad last night, i don't know what to do, wait till Friday or run him tonight to med express, my sister told me to take him tonight. so i might just pick him up at daycare and run there just to see what they say... i'll call my mother in law today to see if she can go with me or i'll go by myself...
Girl, you need to get that baby some medical care and quit putting it off. I know you're the Mommy and you'll do what's best.

I'm curious - why do you need help taking him to a doctor?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #43
HALEY

Sandy i'm not putting anything off, he's been to the doctor's three times for those ears, and an appointment was made for dec 26th, i called the doctors again and they said to bring him in friday, he's just driving me crazy.... i called the doctors several times for Micah, so don't act like i'm putting it off.... i called and called for him!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:11 AM   #44
Tiramisu

Quote:
Sandy i'm not putting anything off, he's been to the doctor's three times for those ears, and an appointment was made for dec 26th, i called the doctors again and they said to bring him in friday, he's just driving me crazy.... i called the doctors several times for Micah, so don't act like i'm putting it off.... i called and called for him!!!
Haley, I'm sorry! Like I said, you're the Mommy and you'll do what you feel is best for your baby boy.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #45
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Micah still sick

Quote:
I understand why you want someone to go with you, I was the same way, just so afraid. Hang in there GF, let us know asap.