4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 11-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #31
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginab
for some reason i like to smell like candy , so the perfume i wear is
from aquolina and the name is pink sugar, it smells like cotton candy, i also
wear angel, it smells like chocolate. anything sweet and smells like you wanna
eat it, i wear it....

I could gain weight just from the smell, I could never wear those...LMAO !!!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #32
Janet

My mother use to wear something called Topaz, I think. It was so awful that when ever you were near her you could actually taste it. Plus I think she put on way more than she should have.....gross.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:24 AM   #33
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I quit wearing cologne. I used to wear it all the time, since high school or before (back then it was Heaven Scent). Pleasures and Dazzling Gold by Estee Lauder were my most recent favorites. Before that Obsession. The problem is I would start wearing one and get lots of complements from friends and family, then after a while, my children would complain about the scent. They didn't like it. I hated the thought that their memories of my smell would be something they did not like, so I just stopped using anything at all. Saves money, too and doesn't bother those around me who are alergic. I might try some of the Bath and Body Works sprays since they were mentioned here. They would probably be lighter and not as potentially offensive to others.

My husband is a Polo and Aramis adict. He uses them all the time and gets lots of complements.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #34
red98vett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom
I think you are the only other person that I have known that like Samsara!! I LOVE it!!! I also use to love Channel. After I got pregnant my taste changed. It was a good year after I had my daughter before I wore Samsara again!
I've been wearing it since the first time I smelled it ...I actually followed a woman who was walking thru my office and stalked her till she told me what she was wearing

Men LOVE this perfume ...when I said it smells like Gold ...that was a direct quote from a hot guy at a convention when I was wearing it a few years back ...I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle of it now - I LOVE that stuff !
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #35
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I have to agree with khardy57 as I love RED. It's truly my absolute favorite scent.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #36
red98vett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
I have to agree with khardy57 as I love RED. It's truly my absolute favorite scent.
I totally forgot Red - i was addicted to that scent for a few years - I love it too
Old 11-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #37
elli

I like Japanese cherry blossom from bath and body, my b/f wears Paul Sebastien for men. I think it smells wonderful.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #38
Miss_Sara

I loove clinique happy heart
but I hate clinique happy

and I love lacoste touch of pink

that britney spears one, "in control" (i think it was limited edition, not the one "curious" or "fantasy" or whatever it was called)

and I like this paris hilton one, but I don't remember which one it was

idk I like sporty ish scents I think

idk what I like, idk what those have in common. I only like even smelt the britney spears and paris hilton ones to laugh at them, but I was ilke "OOOH!" ha ha ha
Old 11-30-2006, 06:03 AM   #39
Janet

You all are so knowledgeable about fragrances!! I never had the extra money to purchase any so I ended up with the cheap stuff as gifts. I really need to get out more and start smelling......the perfumes....LOL
Old 11-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #40
red98vett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
You all are so knowledgeable about fragrances!! I never had the extra money to purchase any so I ended up with the cheap stuff as gifts. I really need to get out more and start smelling......the perfumes....LOL
I have the perfect solution - go to the counters and get samples - I used to tell them I needed them for my yorkies and would clean UP - the ladies always thought it was so cool my dogs wear perfume and would give me samples of all the good stuff - I would tell them if it smelled great on my dog 2 days later then I'd buy it - and I DID - I have over 30 bottles of perfume now and that's down from when I worked full time - I had more.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #41
blowry

hmmmm...my favorite....I have a few fav's...the one I get most compliments on (from other men) is clinque happy hearts...I don't know what it is about that scent but, men just love it!! That's ok! LOL I also like, Tuscany, Lauren's Style, Eternity, and my everyday favorite is Liz...the one that comes in the triangle shape bottle.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:56 AM   #42
Carolyn

I recently tried Burbery London and I love it! I usually never wear perfume since it gives me a headache but this one is very nice.
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote