4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 10-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #31
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna1990 View Post
God bless you, I have two sons, they are 39 and 40. The oldest was on drugs all of his life until 3 years ago and is now clean, the youngest one was diagnoised with adult onset diabetes a couple years ago, he is still doing drugs, there is nothing I can do and it breaks my heart. I know when he is using because I don't hear from him, it has been 3 months, but he owes me money, which I should never have loaned it to him.
When we first found out that he had diabetes, several days went by that I didn't hear from him, tried calling, nothing, he was suppose to come over for a visit. I thought he could be home in a diabetic coma, went to his house, his truck was there, I had a key but the dead bolts inside were locked. I beat on the doors, windows, started busting his bedroom window out and I heard him, "Mom, I can't see you now, I said, "are you using again", he said yes, I asked what, cocaine. I stay awake a night just praying for my piece of mind because there is nothing I can do to help me.
So, I pray for you too.
Donna, I'm so sorry that I'm late getting back to you. I'm so sorry about what you're dealing with with your son. It really makes my problems seem so small. I have a brother that's been on drugs for years (marijuana and meth) but he's entered a program that really seems to be helping. It's a really hard road for parents to watch their children go down. I'll keep your son in my prayers. You know that we're all here if you ever need us. Hugs--Diana

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #32
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

(((((((((Diana))))))))))((((((((((Donna))))))))))) ))

So sad that both of you are going through tough times. Be sure to take care of yourselves and the others affected as much as you can. I have a dear friend whose sister has been making some really bad decisions. The thing that gets me is the person making the decisions thinks it's no one else's business. They have no idea the effect and turmoil their actions are causing, or if they do know, just don't seem to care. Often they act like they are somehow the victim and very selfishly cling to their right to do whatever they want, it's their life. Well it's actually not their life. God gave them life, and gave His Son for them, but they forget that or choose not to believe it.

Sometimes we become stronger for having lived through adversity. That does not make things easier when it is happening though. Hugs and prayers are with you both.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #33
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Thanks Marilyn.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #34
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Thanks so much, Marilyn!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote