4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 09-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #46
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm so glad that he is home now. I hope the peritoneal dialysis goes well, it is so much easier than hemodialysis. I hope you mom is doing OK!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #47
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
So glad your dad is home and starting the peritoneal at home. He will like that sooo much better. Mom is really doing good now, I hope the same for your dad.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #48
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am so happy for your Dad Paula! It is so much better to be home, and this type of dialysis sounds like it is much easier on him.

Janet, I am glad your Mom is doing well also. Now,if you can only get her license taken away!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #49
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

So happy to hear his home
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #50
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It sounds like your Dad's doing well. I'm so glad that he's back home!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #51
paula1961

Thank you all so much!! He seems to be doing pretty good. The only bad thing is that he is not getting enough fluid off at night and they have been having to go the dialysis clinic so that the nurse can get more off during the day. But starting today he has to have 2 hand exchanges done throughout the day. Hopefully everything will be straighened out soon and they won't have to deal with that everyday.
I got home last night. I had been there since Wed. and will be going back this coming Wed. All in all though he is doing much much better!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #52
Janet

That is so good to hear that he is doing better. Once they get the fluid off and get him on a steady dialysis he should do great and feel so much better.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #53
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I know he hates going in to dialysis but I'm sure his grateful his being taken care off. I think you need to rest and put your mind at ease now that everything seems to be turning out so good.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #54
Janet

How is your Dad now Paula? Has he started the dialysis at home yet? How is he getting along? It's not hard at all once they get the hang of it. Do you know what company he is using for supplies and his machine? My Mom uses Baxter. I hope he does as well on it as Mom is doing.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #55
paula1961

Thanks for asking Janet. He is still hanging in there. Yes he is doing the dialysis at home now. His heart is just so weak that they are having a hard time getting it all adjusted. They have to do at least 2 hand exchanges a day in addition to the cycler at night. But he is doing a little better. He sometimes even feels good enough to walk without his walker from the kitchen to the living room. That's really good for him.

He also uses Baxter for his supplies. Wow.....it's alot of stuff isn't it? But who cares as long as it's helping keep him with us. I am so glad that your Mom is doing well.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #56
Janet

I'm glad he is able to walk farther...that's something at least! Also using the different fluids will help take fluid off too. Mom does have to watch her weight and if her ankles are bigger and use the fluid accordingly. She does really well. I'm glad your Dad is doing well too. As time goes on and they get him where he should be....he'll feel much better.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #57
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm so glad to hear that he is home and doing better. I know you are relieved! I hope he continues to get stronger.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #58
paula1961

Thank you all so much! Dad is still doing pretty fair. Please continue to keep he and my Mom in your prayers.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #59
Janet

How's your Dad Paula? Is he getting use to the home dialysis? It does take some time, but then it's just like everything else...ya get use to it.

Mom does really well now and she's very cautious about sanitation so she doesn't get another infection....it can be really painful.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 AM   #60
paula1961

Dad is back in the hospital. His dr took him off of mexalatine because it was causing a terrible rash. That med was working with his defibilator. Well long story short......Thurs night, he got shocked 10 times before the ambulance could get him to the hospital. He stayed in icu until day before yesterday. Now he is on the intermediate care floor. He is stable but not out of the woods.

Girls, I am facing the reality that I may not have my wonderful Dad much longer. He has been having these problems for so many years. But since July, it has gotten a hundred times worse than usual. We have been told and have known in our hearts that he is in the last stages of heart and kidney failure. He is an awesome Dad! It will break my heart to let him go, but I can't stand to see him suffer anymore! He said last night that if he couldn't walk or get a glass of water that he wanted to go be with Jesus! Talk about the tears flowing! Please say prayers for him and my Mom! She will be lost without him. They have been married 53 years. This is sooo sad!