4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 03-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #46
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Tink, it's probably time to make a call. Either they are taking more time than expected and will tell you so, or they may have hired someone else. Enough time has passed that your call will not be out of place or unexpected. It will show that you are responsible and interested.

That's my opinion. Any others out there willing to express yours?
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #47
pearl

i agree marilyn, i would make a call.
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #48
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I agree with Marilyn. I think that it's time to call and find out what's going on. You may find out that they just haven't made a decision yet.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #49
HeatherMaran

I hope you get a call soon! But, I would call...interviewers like to know that you care enough to follow up, shows that you are interested. But either way, I hope you hear back. It sucks not knowing.

I had an interview today too. But they all hate me here as I stepped on a few toes a while back. I did really well, but we'll see if I get the job. Even if I do, I'll still be looking elsewhere, but its more money and good interview practice.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #50
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Definitely call Tink. I have always called them back after 3 days if they haven't contacted me to show that I do follow up and that I'm interested in the position. Good Luck!!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #51
Marilyn

Tink, any news???? We're concerned about you.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 03-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #52
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I sent them a thank you note after the interview... and in it expressed my continued interest in the position. I really expected at least a form letter saying "thanks but no thanks" by this time. It's a week tomorrow since I interviewed!

I find it odd that a county interview would end so UNprofessionally. It's really left a sour taste in my mouth for any future openings they might have.

I really just don't even want to call them. Guess I have a bad attitude but it's the ONLY one I have. lol
Old 03-06-2008, 04:52 AM   #53
Marilyn

Oh, Tink, so sorry you never heard from them. Hope something comes along soon. I'm trying to get a chance to call about my old e-mail with the VA information in it. We had cable internet here at home & changed to DSL so I lost my cable e-mail. People had told me I could still access it through the web, but people were wrong!! Hubby has cable internet at his office so I was hoping to be able to move my e-mail account to his service. You are allowed about 5 e-mail addresses per account. But during the day when they are open, we have been sooo busy at work. I worked until 8:30 last night. I'm running to other towns, out to customer's plants, working up quotes, I'm getting calls from the CEO about accounts and products we are working on. One of our manufacturers did us wrong, so we are having a company in Asia manufacture a competing product to theirs and put our label on it. The owner of the Asian company is firing their current rep and going with us. It's been totally wild. I'm getting sooo tired. I'm about to tell them we need more help. Just not sure this is a spurt and we should wait an see or if now is the right time. Sure don't want to have to lay someone off in a few months. Our new warehouse guy is a deadbeat with attitude, so have to find a replacement and let him go. Whew, crazy.

Tink, wish you could help here!!!!!! You'd love working with me and Teresa, we're the ladies at our branch, and a new one, Debbie is moving in, just her desk though, she will be working out of our location, but for our Houston branch. Personal needs are bringing her to our area.

Last edited by Marilyn; 03-06-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #54
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Oh, Tink, so sorry you never heard from them. Hope something comes along soon. I'm trying to get a chance to call about my old e-mail with the VA information in it. We had cable internet here at home & changed to DSL so I lost my cable e-mail. People had told me I could still access it through the web, but people were wrong!! Hubby has cable internet at his office so I was hoping to be able to move my e-mail account to his service. You are allowed about 5 e-mail addresses per account. But during the day when they are open, we have been sooo busy at work. I worked until 8:30 last night. I'm running to other towns, out to customer's plants, working up quotes, I'm getting calls from the CEO about accounts and products we are working on. One of our manufacturers did us wrong, so we are having a company in Asia manufacture a competing product to theirs and put our label on it. The owner of the Asian company is firing their current rep and going with us. It's been totally wild. I'm getting sooo tired. I'm about to tell them we need more help. Just not sure this is a spurt and we should wait an see or if now is the right time. Sure don't want to have to lay someone off in a few months. Our new warehouse guy is a deadbeat with attitude, so have to find a replacement and let him go. Whew, crazy.

Tink, wish you could help here!!!!!! You'd love working with me and Teresa, we're the ladies at our branch, and a new one, Debbie is moving in, just her desk though, she will be working out of our location, but for our Houston branch. Personal needs are bringing her to our area.
Marilyn, you sound sooo busy!! How do you fit being on here into your schedule? Between work and wedding plans you are certainly one busy woman!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #55
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
There ya go Tink...help Marilyn and be in warmer weather to boot! Sounds like a plan to me!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #56
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
There ya go Tink...help Marilyn and be in warmer weather to boot! Sounds like a plan to me!
Janet, that's a great idea!!! You're so smart!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 06:41 AM   #57
CoyoteQueen

Tink, I know its been a few days. But I would still call. Let me tell you about how my friend got her job. She intervieiwed 3 times! LOL! So she finally said on the third interview,

"Look, I'm the right person for the job. I want the job, and this is my last suit!! So, I am not coming in for another interview! You need to hire me!"

she didnt know the problem was, the guy was going to be her boss, and she intimidates him a little bit! LMAO

turns out he had 2 equally qualified candidates, and he chose the "other" woman!

So when he called my friend, she said, "your making a mistake, but thank you for letting me know."
2 weeks later he had to call her and offer her the job because the woman he chose had a family crisis and couldnt stay! So my friend REALLY rubbed it in. They have been working together like 4 years now, and they bicker and carry on like siblings, she is definately the older sister!

Getting a new job is extremely stressful. I have noticed that if I get a new job, almost always the first week, I'll end up with the flu, or a bad cold. Its really hard to learn a new job ill and I never felt like I had enough positive built up to offset a negative like a few days off. Anyway my point is, I have seen more than a few people lose their job within weeks of being hired. Getting hired is the first step....keeping the job is the real test. So if I were you, I would still call if it was something I really wanted and if it is filled, still be polite. You never know what could happen.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #58
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi Tink,

Just trying to catch up on what I missed, and I have to say that they truly suck!

They don't know what they're missing out on! I will never, ever use their nursing home, whatever else they do, services, even if I do happen to move to your town!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #59
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I finally got my "thanks but no thanks" letter.

LOL judy you're a doll.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #60
Marilyn

Tink, they just don't deserve you!!!! There will be a better opportunity down the road!!!