4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #46
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Cut down on carbs too Linds. And, drink lots of water!

I keep sabotagine myself. I ate a big bag of Tootsie Roll Midgies for dinner this week. I'm just not ready! Usually, I pig out before I begin to seriously watch what I eat. I guess that's what I'm doing.

You all are doing so well!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #47
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Jessica, that is really sweet. I know I don't NEED to lose weight, but I just know I was smaller before, and I want to be smaller again. I am 5'8 and 145 lbs. I used to be 5'8 and 125 lbs, but I've filled out since then (hips, chest, and I finally grew a butt lol!) I want to be around 135 though. Even a smidge under 140 I'd be happy with. I am worried though that the weight I lose will be chest and butt!

Gayle, I will try to cut down to 1200 calories.

I normally just snack on fruits and veggies during the day. I'm eating my lunch right now and it's just slices of carrots, celery, and a fat-free yogurt. I try to make healthy food for supper, even if it's just swapping things out in normally unhealthy meals lol... last night was tacos but we used extra-lean gound beef, lots of veggies, low-fat sour cream, and whole wheat tortillas. I ate less than I normally do.

No matter what the scale says, I am still feeling healthier than I did before. I think maybe I should stop looking at the scale every day.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #48
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I've been stuck for a few days, so I'm drinking more water. I do feel like I'm losing and someone asked me the other day if I had lost weight!!!! Yay....I don't see it yet, but I'm sure glad someone did. I know I'll get over this hurdle, but until then, make sure I drink my water and add some exercise. I finally bought me some new walking shoes so I'm planning on walking....
Old 04-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #49
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Good for you Janet. Keep it up.

While you ladies have been losing I have been gaining a few pounds.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #50
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
Good for you Janet. Keep it up.

While you ladies have been losing I have been gaining a few pounds.
I'm afraid I've been gaining too... I'm still doing my workouts every day and feeling great but caring a little less about what the scale says. We were out at a going-away party on the weekend and Scott laughed and told me a group of college guys behind me were checking me out. It boosted the self-confidence a little bit LOL!!!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 AM   #51
Janet

Down to 243....yay!!!! Thought that plateau was going to stay forever!!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #52
Janet

Finally lost another pound. This one took awhile too, but I'm not going to give up. I'm enjoying feeling "lighter". Now I'm at 242, won't be long (I hope) and I'll break 240.....on my way!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #53
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wahoo!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #54
Janet

Haven't gotten on the scales again....after going out to eat with Ricky....I know I gained, but I'm back on track today and I'll weigh myself in a day or so.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #55
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

@ Lindsey, at least your man notices other guys checking you out. My man is clueless and I actually had to point it out to him.

Janet, I can see you've lost weight by the avatar picture. You are doing so good.

I am planning on going to Destin, FL so I want to lose my tummy but I don't think it's happening. FL will just have to see my round happy belly.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #56
Janet

Thanks Jessica...a few people have said they can tell it in my face....sure wish they could tell in my belly and butt.... I can tell, because my pants are bigger. I havenn't lost quite 20 lbs yet, but it starts showing fairly quickly in certain areas.

I did get on the scales and I'm heading back down again...yay!!! I'll get there...I'm not giving up!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #57
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I meant to comment on your new avatar that your face looked thinner.....and I forgot!! You can really tell in your face.......and I'm sure you can see it on the rest of you too. Good job, Janet!!

I'm struggling......still on the diet but cheating a little here and there. I need to either go off for a little while or go back and read the book again. My exercise level has increased and soon I'll be swimming so that will help.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #58
Janet

I've been struggling here too Diana. But I will not give up this time. I'll take a break for a day or two, but then go right back on it. I want to be so much thinner, like 145 lbs, so I've got quite a long job ahead of me to get there....but I will. I'm not discourage by any means...I know it will take some time.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #59
Janet

As of this morning, I'M AT 240 LBS.....YAY!!!!!! THAT'S 19 LBS GONE... Yes...I'm quite thrilled...lol.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #60
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Yay Janet!! You are so inspiring with your persistence!! I am about the same size as you and Diana. I'm working on losing some now. I even lost a little in Paris, but it was because we walked so much and climbed many stairs. I'm such a slug, lol!!