4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #46
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We're finally breaking the -40 mark for a windchill of -41 tomorrow morning. I hate January! It's supposed to get above freezing on Sunday, and back down again after that. Oh yeah, -41 C = about -42 F

If it's going to be cold, I'd rather it just stay cold. When it warms up and starts to melt, it freezes again into ice

This morning it was -25 C (-13 F) and I was trying to pack the car while Scott was shovelling, but the doors were locked so I had to go find him. I am just wearing some knit leggings and it really didn't feel too cold out! I guess colder than -30 for a week really got me acclimatized lol!

Janet, at least if the winter weather happens on the weekend, you hopefully won't have to go anywhere!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #47
paula1961

Our weather advisory is for tomorrow night and into Friday..1-3 inches of snow they say.......
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #48
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Frid and Sat is suppose to be 30 degrees here

That's too cold for me.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #49
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You know....I love being at home....except when I'm stuck at home.
We are suppose to get 4-5 inches, but we'll see.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #50
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I wish I was stuck at home it was -40 this morning with windchill, and between the car and the office, my toes got numb!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 01-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #51
paula1961

Now Lynsey..that is C-O-L-D!!!! I think I would have stayed home lol.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #52
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I wish that we had cold without humidity. I know from going skiing in Colorado that there are different colds..........having a humid cold is a lot colder!!

We were suppose to get a lot of snow last night but didn't end up with much more than a couple of inches. The driveway is bad......thank goodness for 4 wheel drive......but the other streets are pretty much cleared off already!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:46 AM   #53
Janet

We are under a wind chill advisory this morning. So darn cold out that my knees are really aching this morning. Not real thrilled about going out in it so hopefully this 2-hour delay the school called will turn into a cancellation. Our temp is 0 and the windchill is -15.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #54
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

62 sunny and beautiful today. Wish I could share it with you all up north!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #55
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

That's how our weather was yesterday, Gayle. A perfect day You are so right about humid cold Diana! It's nasty.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #56
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

It was so nice yesterday and today it rained
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #57
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

It was BEAUTIFUL here yesterday too! It got up to about 5 degrees (41 F) and everything was melting! Unfortunately, we drove home around 7 pm when everything was freezing again! There were at least 6 cars freshly in the ditch in our 20 minute drive. One truck passed us, and not even 5 minutes later, we passed him, spun out in a ditch. It was GLARE ice! The ride to work this morning was really icy too, and most of the vehicles were still sitting abandoned in the ditches!

Like I said before, it's usually better if it just STAYS cold!!! The melting temperatures are nice for the time, but it makes things so much worse later

Old 01-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #58
Janet

We are under a winter snowstorm watch. Monday evening a major storm is predicted for us with ice and upwards of 10 inches. Mom doesn't want to be stuck in a hospital alone so it looks like I'm going to have plenty of time on the computer...I'll be staying with her if we get the storm. Also...IF something were to happen to her....I wouldn't want her to be alone.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #59
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We have a windchill warning in effect today. It's flippin cold out there! The windchill right now is -44 degrees Celsius, and exposed skin will be frostbitten within 10 minutes. It's definitely an inside day! I kind of feel sorry for my brother, who works outside, but when he makes tons of money and buys nice things, I will just remember days like today

Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #60
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We're getting snow, snow, and more snow!!!! I'm not sure how much we have but it's enough that Jazzi and Reuger can't go out. I'm going to have to figure out how to let them go potty.......I guess in the garage. It's also blowing so we're going to have some good sized drifts when this is all done. Glen has one of the tractors up here by the house in case one of the kids or someone needs to go somewhere!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote