4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 10-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #46
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Our weekend was sooo busy but that's just the way that Homecoming is. I so enjoyed seeing our old pastor and his wife. They were like family to us and having them back home just feels so right. He told me that when he married us that he really didn't think that Glen and I would make it!! I was such a rebellious child......but I had a very patient husband and he is truly my best friend. His wife took me aside and told me how proud she was of us being so active in the church........not just us but also our family. We had a get-together Saturday night and a dinner after church so we got to visit quite a bit with them.

THIS weekend.......I'm having a Premier Designs Jewelry party on Friday. My Mom had one last spring and needed someone to book a party so I offered. The girl that puts it on does a really good job and is soooo friendly. So I'm trying to get the house in order......like always!!!

We also have Chi Alpha coming on Saturday......they are the college christian group that always comes out for a hayrack ride and stuff. They are so much fun to have around and do the coolest things!! They bring in porta-potties so the kids aren't in the house very much.

Then on Sunday evening we have Care Group.....our home Bible study group. I only have to clean the house once for all of these activities!!!.......Hopefully!!!!

Another busy weekend........that's how our weekends go in October.......we'll be busy again at the end of the month with hayrack rides for the different church groups.

Sometime or another I need to go to Wichita and buy a new dishwasher.......mine's not cleaning very good at all and so I've been washing dishes but this is getting old. Now I just need to find the time to go!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #47
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It sounds like October is a wonderful month for you Diana! Filled with nice things and people all around!

I did not go out today. I went to the City yesterday. It was a good visit. So far, I like this new dentist. He already made an appointment for me in 2 weeks, and did a lot of work yesterday. Hurray!!! He said not to worry because he is Japanese, and they are very hard workers. I'll go with that!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #48
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I went to the City yesterday. It was a good visit. So far, I like this new dentist. He already made an appointment for me in 2 weeks, and did a lot of work yesterday. Hurray!!! He said not to worry because he is Japanese, and they are very hard workers. I'll go with that!
He does sound like a good one! Glad you have a good dentist willing to work hard!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #49
DianaB

Judy, I hope that things go well with this doctor.....and that you're good as new soon!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #50
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Since I was with Mom on Monday and running errands yesterday....today I stayed home and trying to get things done...especially laundry. Been some time since I've let it get this bad. In a few minutes...(after computer time..LOL), I'm going to get some of my cooler weather clothes out....which means I'll have to clean out my closet.

Diana....your October sounds like so much fun!!!!

Judy...I'm so happy to know you have a good dentist that is willing to work hard and get done.

Guess I'd better check out the other threads real quick and get busy again.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #51
paula1961

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to say hi and I love you all! I think we all have alot going on right now! I am trying to get some cleaning done.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #52
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Hi everybody! This thread is a good idea, Janet. It will be a miracle if I can remember to come back here and post every day, lol! I have enjoyed catching up with all of you.

Today I worked in the yard. I cut back the monkey grass and cleaned out my front beds. In a couple of days Mike will cut back the shrubs on the ends of the house, then I'll clean all of that up. It's been so much cooler that it's tolerable outside in the mornings.

Kirby was neutered yesterday, too. He's doing fine. I haven't been making him wear his e-collar, so I'm watching him close. He sleeps in a crate at night, and he kept getting his head stuck in a corner so I let him sleep in the bed with me so I would wake up if he licked. I guess he'll sleep with me again tonight. I let Layni sleep with Mike so Kirby doesn't pester her all night, lol!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #53
Janet

I didn't get my closet cleaned out yesterday. I may do it this evening. I'm afraid my depression is getting the best of me here the last few days so haven't been in the mood for much of anything.

I got some bread out of the corner lazy susan cabinet and there was evidence of mice if ya know what I mean. With the farmers in the fields...they are starting to come in from the cold. I asked for some poison to be put under the house....and it wasn't done. So now I should be cleaning it out.....just don't really care anymore.

Gave up on looking for a motorhome that I could afford....not gonna happen. Saw one for $3000 but it had water damage in the back corner. To get one that is really nice...it will cost a heck of a lot more so I've decided to give up. Maybe not being disappointed will help ease the depression some.

I came home from the bus route this morning and immediately went back to bed. I couldn't believe I went to sleep so fast. I must really needed to catch up. Usually if I lie down anytime, my mind starts running and I can't fall asleep, but it sure didn't happen that way this morning.. Haven't done anything else so far, but it's only 10:30 AM...I just wanted to check on everyone else.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #54
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm sitting on a deck at a cabin on Beaver Lake Arkansas tonight. We are with Gary's family. We' ve been drinking margaritas and eating junk! I'm lucky, we have 3G phone service here so I can get on the Internet. It's so beautiful here, we are very lucky to be able to be here. Wish you all were here.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #55
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm glad you are having fun Gayle, and that your iPhone is working

Janet, you may be sleeping because of your depression. Take good care of yourself. You have to take care of YOU because we love you!!! You'll wake up feeling better soon So rest when you must and do what you have to, and remember that we all need you!

I worked in the yard a bit today. Then I went to Tyler, about an hour and 15 minutes away, to a Therapet volunteer orientation. It was really good, and I know I will love doing this with Kirby! Everything has fallen in to place just like it should. I was able to find Tink and make the trip to pick up Kirby, and he's everything I wanted. It will probably be a year before he is ready to actually go to work, but we'll spend that time training and getting to know the Therapet people. This has been my plan all along to keep me sane after my kids left. So far, so good!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #56
DianaB

Janet, have you ever talked to your doctor about your depression? There are some meds that will help with that. I'm on one and I feel more like myself when I take it.

Go to your local Co-op and get some mouse poison called "Boot Hill". It comes in little packets. Then take a packet and dump it under the house.......probably in a side vent. Do that a couple more times in the winter and I guarantee that you won't have any problems with mice!!

Betsi, I'm so glad that Kirby is working out so well!!! It's going to be rewarding when you can actually put him to work and see what all your effort is going for!!!

Gayle, it sounds so relaxing to be sitting on a porch in Arkansas!!! I can picture all of you chatting and laughing!!! Have a good time!!! That's so cool that your phone can still get service and you can get on here too!!!

I gotta' go.......more cleaning yet to do........my jewelry party is tonight!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #57
Janet

Gayle....it sounds wonderful so please share some pictures with us. I've never been to Arkansas and would love to see the beauty.

Betsi....I've often thought of having a therapy dog. I took Joey a few times to the nursing home when my mother-in-law was there. Everyone loved him. He wouldn't have made a good therapy dog though....lol...whenever a nurse came in, he barked trying to protect my MIL...lol.

Diana...I'm already taking Prozac and when things get to me too bad...I add a little Xanax. I'm feeling much better today. Even got the bedroom cleaned and a dresser I got at an auction in a spot where it looks nice. Now I need to go through drawers and the closet. Tomorrow though...it's suppose to be 81 so I'm going to shampoo the living room carpet and hallway. Feels so good to feel like doing something again...yay!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #58
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We went fishing today in the White River and we caught LOTS of rainbow trout. It was so much fun! It's a little warm, 82, but that's OK. It's really cool in the morning and evening. We are having a great time. Eating too much, but I guess I can diet when I get home, right?
Old 10-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #59
Janet

Fishing has always been my favorite thing of all time to do, but you know....I haven't fished in probably 5 or 6 years....maybe longer. I loved sitting along the bank at night for catfish (bullhead or channel) and loved walking the creeks in my waders for bass. I really need to start doing some of the things I use to love. I think one of the main reasons I quit is because as I got older....lol...the bugs just got on my nerves...
Old 10-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #60
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, Gary told me the other day that he needed to go fishing and if he couldn't, I might as well dig a hole and put him in it. LOL! The point is that fishing feeds his soul and he's going to do it as long as he possibly can. I think we all need to do whatever feeds our soul, otherwise we may be just miserable.