4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 09-12-2006, 08:34 AM   #46
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Okay Marilyn, I just went and looked. I was born in March of '55. You are one year or less older than me, but you look so young!!!! How do you do it? I honestly thought by your picture you were in your 30's at most. If I were you I sure wouldn't worry about it any longer!!!! You look great!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #47
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Janet, you revealed my age in an open forum!! I pm'd you!! It's okay, I'll forgive

Hey, clean livin' plus in my job I have to look good. I sell valves to men.

Actually, I try to take care of myself because cancer, heart disease & alzheimers all run in my family big time. My father had his first heart attach at 52. My cholesterol was up for a while, but I was able to get it down by modifying my diet. Several of my cousins have passed away from cancer. I've had a few cancer scares myself, as a result, have had a total hysterectomy and breast lump removed. I see my oncologist again next week. I don't have cancer, they are just making sure I don't get it. I just heard on the radio today that a study was completed that shows that women who workout regularly are 26% less likely to get breast cancer. Working out supresses the production of estrogen which they believe is a leading factor in breast cancer. I'm fortunate that we have a very nice gym not far from our home, and it only snows here about every 10 years or so. No problem getting there. It's a little expensive, but hey if it helps us live longer, healthier, what's a few extra dollars a month?

I know this is long, an may be in the wrong thread, but oh well, it's late & I'm too tired to edit.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #48
Meg

Here is a picture of me and my hubby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TyandMeg.jpg (125.5 KB, 60 views)
Old 09-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #49
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Girls your all young and beautiful, Janet, Marilyn your both dolls, hey I am in your age group, I was born Dec. of 1956.. Yes I turn the big 50 this year.. lol Girls I don't know how to post, I have the photo ready to go and its shrunk but I don't know how to attach it... Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:34 AM   #50
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Janet, you revealed my age in an open forum!! I pm'd you!! It's okay, I'll forgive

Hey, clean livin' plus in my job I have to look good. I sell valves to men.

Actually, I try to take care of myself because cancer, heart disease & alzheimers all run in my family big time. My father had his first heart attach at 52. My cholesterol was up for a while, but I was able to get it down by modifying my diet. Several of my cousins have passed away from cancer. I've had a few cancer scares myself, as a result, have had a total hysterectomy and breast lump removed. I see my oncologist again next week. I don't have cancer, they are just making sure I don't get it. I just heard on the radio today that a study was completed that shows that women who workout regularly are 26% less likely to get breast cancer. Working out supresses the production of estrogen which they believe is a leading factor in breast cancer. I'm fortunate that we have a very nice gym not far from our home, and it only snows here about every 10 years or so. No problem getting there. It's a little expensive, but hey if it helps us live longer, healthier, what's a few extra dollars a month?

I know this is long, an may be in the wrong thread, but oh well, it's late & I'm too tired to edit.

I am so sorry, but I checked out the "Introduction Quiz" forum and found out before you PM's me. I feel so bad! But you look great.

You're doing all the right things. I wish, with my family history I would be more motivated. My father died of his first heart attack at the age of 60. My older sister died of cancer 3 days before her 40th birthday in '81. My older brother has had 3 heart attacks and he has congestive heart failure at 59. Not a good track record for my younger brother and myself.

I'm hoping once I go to Weight Watchers tomorrow that I will like it and that it will help me. I've tried everything else and I'm praying this works. I am also getting back on the treadmill. I'm starting that on Friday. I know I should start today, but I've always had to gear myself up, so please wish me luck. I'm going to need it.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:35 AM   #51
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Here is a picture of me and my hubby.

You two look so sweet...what a great looking couple!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:36 AM   #52
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Girls your all young and beautiful, Janet, Marilyn your both dolls, hey I am in your age group, I was born Dec. of 1956.. Yes I turn the big 50 this year.. lol Girls I don't know how to post, I have the photo ready to go and its shrunk but I don't know how to attach it... Gina

After you write your post..scroll down a bit further to the "manage attachments" button and click on it. You should be able to figure it out from there, if any problems let us know.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:06 AM   #53
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I am so sorry, but I checked out the "Introduction Quiz" forum and found out before you PM's me. I feel so bad! But you look great.

You're doing all the right things. I wish, with my family history I would be more motivated. My father died of his first heart attack at the age of 60. My older sister died of cancer 3 days before her 40th birthday in '81. My older brother has had 3 heart attacks and he has congestive heart failure at 59. Not a good track record for my younger brother and myself.

I'm hoping once I go to Weight Watchers tomorrow that I will like it and that it will help me. I've tried everything else and I'm praying this works. I am also getting back on the treadmill. I'm starting that on Friday. I know I should start today, but I've always had to gear myself up, so please wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

GOOD LUCK 2nite, Janet!!!!!!! I did Weight Watchers and LOVED it! I only wanted to lose 10 lbs, but I lost it and kept it off! WW is truly a lifestyle change. It helps you learn how to eat correctly. I absolutely HATE to exercise and LOVE to eat. One thing WW does is that it motivates you to workout because if you workout, then you get to eat more! YAY! Good luck and keep us posted! If you want any tips, please feel free to PM me! I would love to help in anyway that I can! One thing I will say is that there are a lot of foods that have 0 points. The great thing about WW is that I was never hungry because if I got hungry and I had used up all my points for the day, I would just have something that was 0 points, like green beans or broccoli dipped in fat free Italian dressing. YUM!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:06 AM   #54
Gina

Ok .. Here goes.. I hope I did this correctly..lol This photo is of me and Gucci.. Not the best photo of me but its moi....lol Gina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gucci2.JPG (20.9 KB, 98 views)
Old 09-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #55
Gina

Btw Janet.. Thanks for the help
Old 09-13-2006, 06:12 AM   #56
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Ok .. Here goes.. I hope I did this correctly..lol This photo is of me and Gucci.. Not the best photo of me but its moi....lol Gina

Gina, you are so pretty!!! How is Gucci, by the way? Is she all well?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #57
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
GOOD LUCK 2nite, Janet!!!!!!! I did Weight Watchers and LOVED it! I only wanted to lose 10 lbs, but I lost it and kept it off! WW is truly a lifestyle change. It helps you learn how to eat correctly. I absolutely HATE to exercise and LOVE to eat. One thing WW does is that it motivates you to workout because if you workout, then you get to eat more! YAY! Good luck and keep us posted! If you want any tips, please feel free to PM me! I would love to help in anyway that I can! One thing I will say is that there are a lot of foods that have 0 points. The great thing about WW is that I was never hungry because if I got hungry and I had used up all my points for the day, I would just have something that was 0 points, like green beans or broccoli dipped in fat free Italian dressing. YUM!

Thank you so much for the offer. I will probably take you up on it at some time. I am really excited to be going tomorrow night for my first time. I usually don't like going places where people already know each other, but I'm going. I want to lose this weight so bad and already dreaming about looking in the mirror and seeing a big difference. I do know it will take time, but I am going to give it my all for a healthier and longer life. You are so sweet!!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:18 AM   #58
Janet

Quote:
Btw Janet.. Thanks for the help

WOW what a great looking couple.. . That is a really sweet picture of you two. Looks like the women on this place know how to take care of themselves. Always happy to help when I can.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:19 AM   #59
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Thank you so much for the offer. I will probably take you up on it at some time. I am really excited to be going tomorrow night for my first time. I usually don't like going places where people already know each other, but I'm going. I want to lose this weight so bad and already dreaming about looking in the mirror and seeing a big difference. I do know it will take time, but I am going to give it my all for a healthier and longer life. You are so sweet!!
Woops! I've been thinking all day that today was THURSDAY! What a letdown! Well, GOOD LUCK 2MORROW NITE!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #60
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Woops! I've been thinking all day that today was THURSDAY! What a letdown! Well, GOOD LUCK 2MORROW NITE!

I didn't mean to correct you....LOL I just thought maybe I said the wrong day that I was going. Some times I have such huge brain farts it's hard to remember..