4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 06-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #46
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good luck!!! Post your weight every Thursday on this thread, let's say at 9 AM.
How would that work for you?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:06 AM   #47
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That's a good idea......We'll help you out and cheer you on....all at the same time!! Good luck, Janet!!! I should join you......maybe I'll get inspired by you!!! You go, GF!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #48
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Okay...that's what I'll do.

This morning at around 8:30 I had some 1/4 cup Multigrain Cheerios and 1/4 cup Fiber One Clusters cereal. (I mix my cereals together...lol) with 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup orange juice.

By about 10 I had the shakes a little bit so got a bottle of water and a handfull of baby carrots. Shook the whole time eating them. I don't like having the shakes and being so hungry.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #49
paula1961

Good luck Janet! You know we'll be here cheering you on!!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #50
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I certainly will check in with you every Thurs/Fri. I lost a lot of weight on WW a few years ago. I haven't gained it ALL back, but I've gained a lot more than I wanted. I lost 8 lbs before we went to Alaska and I gained 2 lbs while up there, not too bad as I ate A LOT of fish and chips (fried halibut and french fries).

I'm back on WW now, and did great yesterday. Today is good too, so far. I only get 25 points - and I don't get the extra points unless I save points from the 25.

Summer time is good for me to do WW because I love fresh homegrown tomatoes and I can eat a bacon sandwich (1.5 points for bacon; 1 point for bread (I use the 45 cal. 5 gm fiber bread that is only 1 point for 2 slices); 1 point for light miracle whip and tomato. Or I can eat a scrambled egg sandwich which is about the same.

One trick I learned a few weeks ago is grilled okra. Sounds gross, but is really quite tasty. You just put it on skewers, spay with Pam (butter flavor or olive oil flavor) and grill 3 minutes on each side on a low flame. Now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE fried okra, so I didn't think this would satisfy me - but it does and it is great.

I have some food scales and I weigh almost everything I eat so that I'm not eating too much. That really helps me too.

In the summer I like to make cold gazpacho (sp?) soup. I love the fresh tomatoes, onions, and peppers. It helps to curb the hunger.

Janet, I too, get hungry on WW. If you fill up on low point food, you are not supposed to get hungry - but raw fruits and vegetables make my tummy feel hungry, so I can't eat a lot of them or I will go on an eating binge.

Good luck! I'll be right here with you!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #51
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I also bought a couple of books called Eat This Not That. I bet you could find them at half priced books. It tells you the better food choices.

One book is general foods, the other is restaurant foods but there are lots of restaurant food in the general book.

For example at IHOP a spinich mushroom and tomato omelet is 330 cals but a garden omelet is 1030 cals. Big difference.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #52
Janet

Thanks Gayle...I've seen the author of those books on Dr. Oz and Oprah. I'll have to look for them.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #53
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You shouldn't have the shakes! Maybe you need to eat more for breakfast. Egg white omeletes and veggies with low point bread might keep you going longer. There are also 90 calories greek yogurts for those hungry times. They're expensive though.

I have been doing Lean Cuisine for lunch and for dinner, a very healthy oatmeal combo (protein powder, flaxseed, wheat germ, greek yogurt and fruit with oatmeal), 90 or 100 calorie snacks. I am losing, but oh so slowly! I need to lose another 8 pounds or so. Wish I could get the laser liposuction!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #54
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

OK Janet - it's 'ALMOST' Thursday. So, how did you do this week? It's time to check in with your weekly report.

I did good this past week, except for last night. I'm a binge eater and to keep from binging, I pretty much have to avoid my trigger foods (chips mostly). I stayed with my mom last night as my daughter was out of town and she had some chips in the house. I had avoided them the night before - but last night I thought, "I'll just eat a handful" I KNOW better, I can't stop when I start on something like chips.

Oh well, I've done great today, so all is not lost.

Oh, I have to go to a banquet with Gary and his family in 3 weeks - and his ex-wife will be there. I've GOT to look fabulous, don't you think???
Old 07-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #55
Janet

I thought I was doing pretty good, but only lost one pound. I know it would help more if I wasn't sitting so much. I'm hoping to go out and clean the garage today while it's still in the 70's here. Tomorrow we start heading to the 90's...yuk.

I didn't weigh myself all week...I've decided to weigh myself only on Thursdays. I also forgot to drink more water....I need to do that too.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:56 AM   #56
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think the exercise is more important than we think. I also don't exercise and it is talking so long to lose even one pound!

It's too hot to really walk or work out in the summer though. Can you go swimming somewhere? That's good exercise and it cools you down too! Maybe you can fill the bathtub with cool water and do some leg lifts, etc. in there! (I'm serious too)

Old 07-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #57
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

One pound is GREAT, Janet!!!!

That means that you're going slow and steady.....which is what you're suppose to be doing!!! Try to get a little bit of exercise in.......why don't you buy that Zuma dance that's been on tv? I think that it looks fun......but also a killer for this heavy body!!! Ha!! Ha!!!! I can just see you doing it though!!!!! LOL

I had told the doctor that I would try to lose some weight and since I've been doing yard work and now I'm swimming I've lost about 7-8 lbs. I'm TRYING to swim everyday but it's not working well but when I do swim it's a real workout!!......not just floating around!! I absolutely LOVE to swim!!!

Yes, Gayle......I think that you need to look your absolute BEST when you meet Gary's ex!!!! That shouldn't be a problem though because you're such a beautiful woman anyway!!! Go buy an outfit that looks great on you!!!!.......Oh, and get Gary slicked up as well!!!!

Can we get those counters for weight on here to register what we're losing?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #58
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Count me in, too! I've gained 10 pounds back from the 40 I lost. You know we all need to look our best to meet each other..NOT! It's nice to have friends that you KNOW will like you no matter how you look But hubby's ex wife...well that's another story, lol!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #59
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

What are those counters Diana? I'm weighing in at 139.5 this morning. I want to lose about 6 or 7 pounds. At this rate, it should take about two years.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #60
paula1961

Janet........a pound is great!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! I am like you too...I need to exercise. I am horrible....always making excuses as to why I am not moving
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote