4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #46
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I hear that New Zealand has temperatures that don't vary a lot.....however I saw on TV last night that they have a huge fault that could cause a huge earthquake one of these days......Hmmmm.........nice weather or earthquake?

It's cold here too. I've been cold even in the house. UGH! And.......I refuse to turn the heat up......just add a sweather. I'm ready for snow!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #47
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I won't turn the heat up either, it's on, but I don't want it too high. It's suppose to be 53 today, sun is shining, really pretty out. Wish it could stay like this through winter.

It doesn't really matter where one lives huh? Always something...tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, really cold, really hot.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #48
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's about 65 here, supposed to be 70 today. I'm loving the cool weather, but not the drought. We haven't had any rain in over a month so I'm having to water the yard today. it's 68 inside my house right now so me and the dogs are snuggled up under a blanket on the couch. I'm getting ready to watch some football.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #49
DianaB

At 68 I'm cold. I have to have the heat a little higher than that or my nose is cold!! My Dad used to keep our house between 75 and 80* when I was a kid. He never worried about what it cost to heat the house. I don't like it that warm but 73-74 is where I'm comfortable.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #50
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm with you, Diana. I grew up in an apartment building and they kept it nice and warm. I keep my house at about 72, but I turn it down to 52 at night. My room is upstairs and gets nice and warm from all day.

Janet, you and I have pretty much the same weather.

I cannot believe we are at the end of November, and have had almost no snow, lots of sunny days, and temps in the 40's! We have been very lucky! There's only another 4 - 5 months to get through!

It usually starts to snow in October up here.

No complaints from me! The ski places are suffering though, and it's not normal for the wildlife, so In know it's probably not such a good thing. It is global warming, and that is bad!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #51
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We are hot then cool then hot then cool........ And most of all, WE NEED RAIN! It is very very dry. I sure hope this winter is not dry all season long!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #52
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Another drought? I hope not, Gayle!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #53
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's sure feeling like we might be heading into another drought. Actually, I'm not surprised. With climate change upon us, we are projected to become more desert-like. I think that's why I've been in this house for 2 years and haven't yet done any landscape work. I want to prepare for less rain than we are used to so it makes me so hesitant. I'm going to hire a landscape designer to give me some advice because I don't want to make a mistake with my choices. There's a lady who does an organic gardening show on a Sunday radio program who does landscape consultations. I know she only advocates drought resistant plants and I trust her. It's just a matter of doing it now. We also get a rebate from the city for planting drought resistant plants. So, I need to get it done. I'm sure the neighbors think we are such slugs. We took out some bushes in front of the house two years ago and have not replaced them. Oh well, it will be pretty when I finally get it done!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #54
DianaB

I read something the other day that says most of the U. S. in in drought. I know that we're low on moisture. We've been getting a little here and there but the ponds are either dried up or very low. Our pond here by the house is at least 5 feet low......it will be hard to get it dried up because it's almost 20 feet deep at it's deepest.

Glen's been harvesting our beans and finally got done. The amount that we usually harvest is way down and my son had a field that they did cut but it wasn't hardly worth doing. However in 1980 we had a much worse drought but it was only for one year.

I hope we get lots of snow!! You know that I love it and it will bring moisture to the fields!!

Planting drought resistant plants sounds like a really smart thing to do!! They look nice and yet save on water!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #55
Janet

We have a light dusting of snow on the ground...yuk! The sun is shining so I thought it would be gone by now, but it's still in the low 30's. This weekend we are suppose to get to the high 50's and on Monday....62!!! It just can't make up it's mind if it's going to be cold or warmer.

I do have to admit that while driving the bus early this morning, it was pretty, especially seeing the beautiful deer out on the snow.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #56
DianaB

I'm jealous.......I would love to have snow!!

Right now we're pretty chilly too. We've had a few nice days. I went out on one of those days and washed windows on the outside. I can get the inside later when it's not so nice outside. There's a few windows that I can't reach so I just left them. We have one corner of the house where the basement shows and my bedroom is over it so it's actually two stories tall there so they don't get washed as often!!

I have found that using vinegar and newspapers will leave your windows sparkling......in case anyone's interested.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #57
Janet

Yes...it's works wonders on windows. I'm fortunate that I can wash all of mine from the inside except for the big picture window in the living room.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #58
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's pretty chilly here - around 20 degrees, but it will be in the 40's this weekend! It's going to rain, but warm is nice!

I have to get my bird feeder hooks and screw them onto the outside of the deck. They are on the inside, and there is seed all over the deck. The dogs like it, but it is so messy looking. I also don't want bird droppings around. I'm afraid they might carry disease and the dogs will definitely eat it. I saw a cardinal on the deck this week! So beautiful!

Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #59
DianaB

20*!!!!!! Bbbbbbrrrrrrrrr...............Definitely coat weather!!! I don't know what we're getting down to but we have frost in the mornings!! I don't have my coat out yet but I've been thinking about it!!

A cardinal!!! They are so pretty in the winter with their bright red color!! We have several that come to our feeders too. I keep binoculars and a bird book close by so I can see the different birds. Glen keeps the feeders full so we have lots of birds that come. Of course the squirrels hanging on the feeders is what we see the most!! And we have PLENTY of squirrels!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #60
2tiredmom

It's 58 degrees here this morning as I get up. Love the warm but sure we will pay for it later. Hope we get some rain here too. We are still having a drought here too.