4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 02-18-2007, 05:55 AM   #46
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

We have this brand new outdoor fancy mall that was recently built. One of the stores is this chic make-up/fragrance store. They carry sooo many brands of make-up yet not Laura Mercier. They told me they could order it for me but I couldn't see the point of it.

So i had no choice but to order online and then take my chances on picking the correct color. Their website described each color w/ your skin tone so I am not too worried about picking the incorrect shade.

I do wish though that this make up would arrive, it seem's it's been ages. I am anxious to write my own testimony about it.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:34 AM   #47
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Sheryl, you'll be a farmer wearing Laura Mercier, how chic!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #48
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Sheryl, you'll be a farmer wearing Laura Mercier, how chic!!
LOL!! You gotta look good for those chickens ya know!! Actually my Laura Mercier make-up arrived this am in my po box. So I am excited to try it out tomorrow for the first time.

I've tried the lip plump already today and I like it alot. Makes my lips really smooth and sure enough they are plumper.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:18 AM   #49
red98vett

Let me know how you like it - mine should be here today or tommorrow and I can't wait !!
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:06 AM   #50
rivermom

I really really like this make up!! It doesn't get cakey or make your face feel grungy after wearing it for the day. One of my favorites is this lip balm I got. Oooohhhhhh it feels so good and really moisturizes my lips. I think I am hooked on this stuff!

The foundation primer is awesome and I really like the concealers too.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #51
Marilyn

I've been wearing my Laura Mercier for about 3 weeks now, and I love it!!! It has inspired me to take better care of my skin & I can see that my pores are much smaller, my skin smoother, and the wrinkles less defined. The one step cleanser is the greatest!!!!!! I still have some of my Oil of Olay Regenerist, so for now, I'm combining the two. Before going to bed, I use the LM cleanser, OofO Regenerist Syrum with LM Eyedration, OofO night cream & Burt's Bees lip balm.

In the morning when I shower I use the OofO Regenerist Cleanser in the shower, then use OofO Syrum, LM Eyedration, Mega-Moisturizer, Foundation Primer, and the Silk Creme Floundation & Secret Concealer. Finish off with some CoverGirl Blush and my normal eye makeup from the grocery store.

I want to try the LM lip balm now, Sheryl, and the Eye Basics, Rebecca.

My skin is looking so much better & I look nice without looking like I'm wearing heavy makeup.

Thank you so much ladies for sharing the information on this makeup. I'd never heard of it before 4WT.

With my new hairstyle, thanks to my Russian friend and new makeup thanks to y'all, I feel much better about my appearance. You are the greatest!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 03-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #52
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
I've been wearing my Laura Mercier for about 3 weeks now, and I love it!!! It has inspired me to take better care of my skin & I can see that my pores are much smaller, my skin smoother, and the wrinkles less defined. The one step cleanser is the greatest!!!!!! I still have some of my Oil of Olay Regenerist, so for now, I'm combining the two. Before going to bed, I use the LM cleanser, OofO Regenerist Syrum with LM Eyedration, OofO night cream & Burt's Bees lip balm.

In the morning when I shower I use the OofO Regenerist Cleanser in the shower, then use OofO Syrum, LM Eyedration, Mega-Moisturizer, Foundation Primer, and the Silk Creme Floundation & Secret Concealer. Finish off with some CoverGirl Blush and my normal eye makeup from the grocery store.

I want to try the LM lip balm now, Sheryl, and the Eye Basics, Rebecca.

My skin is looking so much better & I look nice without looking like I'm wearing heavy makeup.

Thank you so much ladies for sharing the information on this makeup. I'd never heard of it before 4WT.

With my new hairstyle, thanks to my Russian friend and new makeup thanks to y'all, I feel much better about my appearance. You are the greatest!!!!

That is so awesome Marilyn. It truly is great "heading out into the world" feeling as if your face is refreshed, etc.

I really am loving the LM make-up also!!! Especially the concelear for the eyes. It does hide my vein under the eye/corner. I don't think I need the face concealer as the foundation pretty much smooths everything out, but will continue to use it until it's gone.

I am totally ADDICTED to the lip balm!!!!! It feels sooooo wonderful on and does last. I have a habit of licking my lips or biting at them and I know the balm would last longer if Id just learn to leave my lips alone, LOL. (just another nervous habit of plenty!!)

I too will have to try the eye basics and the all in one wash. Always up to try new things!!!

I am curious to see how my make up holds up when it becomes warm and humid outside. Arkansas can be one hot humid place come summer time, whew!! Out riding my face sweats sooo much and I'm hoping the foundation will hold up ok. But if it doesn't no biggy. I guess that if a makeup holds up with sweat pouring off your face then that makeup would be too thick or pasty. GROSS!

Anyway...Glad you are happy Marilyn...ME TOO!!
Old 03-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #53
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You have a new hairstyle too???? Where's the pic so we can see?

I wanted to try the makeup so bad, and even though you all told me it lasts a long time, I just can't spend that much. I thought my husband was going to get me some for Christmas, but when he saw the prices, decided to get me something else. I hardly ever wear makeup anyway, and to spend that much is way beyond my budget. Maybe someday............
Old 03-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #54
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
I am curious to see how my make up holds up when it becomes warm and humid outside. Arkansas can be one hot humid place come summer time, whew!! Out riding my face sweats sooo much and I'm hoping the foundation will hold up ok. But if it doesn't no biggy. I guess that if a makeup holds up with sweat pouring off your face then that makeup would be too thick or pasty. GROSS!
It's been in the low 80's and very humid here. We're near the gulf coast. So far so good. If it holds up to the summer heat here, it's definitely miraculous. I think the LM distribution is out of Houston, so I would think it would do well, and LM is so much lighter coverage. The makeup I did use melted on my face and got all over my cell phone. Yuck!!

Janet, I'll try to post a pic. It's hard to get someone to take a picture of me when I'm fresh and looking good because I normally leave earlier than the rest of the family due to my commute. Maybe next weekend there will be an opportunity. I looked good yesterday. I'm a little ragged this evening, it's been a long busy day.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #55
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I am just logging on after being away for quite some time and I have to tell you how HAPPY I am that yall are loving this makeup! I was really hoping yall would like it as much as I do and I am so thrilled to see that yall actually do! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #56
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
I am just logging on after being away for quite some time and I have to tell you how HAPPY I am that yall are loving this makeup! I was really hoping yall would like it as much as I do and I am so thrilled to see that yall actually do! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so very much for telling us about it!!! I hope I never have to go back to the other stuff & can't wait to try some of the other products!! Thank you!!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #57
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Yes, just as Marilyn said...Thanks for telling us about the Laura Mercier make-up. This is why this forum is soooo great. Everyone sharing their ideas!

It's amazing how clean my face feels at the end of the day wearing this makeup. Normally other products felt gunky and almost sticky after a few hours.