4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 03-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #46
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

You're making me want to go to the spa! My ex got me a 4 hour spa package for christmas that i haven't used yet but i think I might wait until summer when I can actually show off a pedicure! I started going to a tanning bed yesterday which always lifts my spirits because winter makes me feel so blah... Unfortunately I got a little red in those areas usually not exposed to the sun! I got a tanning accelerator that I used when I was tanning for my high school grad and it smells so summery. It's funny how a scent can take you back to old times. When I used it before I was fresh out of a 3 year relationship and ready to take on the world on my own, and yesterday I got those same feelings back.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #47
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey
You're making me want to go to the spa! My ex got me a 4 hour spa package for christmas that i haven't used yet but i think I might wait until summer when I can actually show off a pedicure! I started going to a tanning bed yesterday which always lifts my spirits because winter makes me feel so blah... Unfortunately I got a little red in those areas usually not exposed to the sun! I got a tanning accelerator that I used when I was tanning for my high school grad and it smells so summery. It's funny how a scent can take you back to old times. When I used it before I was fresh out of a 3 year relationship and ready to take on the world on my own, and yesterday I got those same feelings back.
Good for you! It sounds like you've made SO much progress in the last few days. I'm proud of you, lol! Enjoy your single days, it's a special time in your life.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #48
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey
Go for your spa day, Lindsey, and move on down here to Texas where you can show off your pedicure year round. We have some fine boys down here just looking for a nice intelligent young lady like you. We'll definitely get you mind on another track!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #49
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Go for your spa day, Lindsey, and move on down here to Texas where you can show off your pedicure year round. We have some fine boys down here just looking for a nice intelligent young lady like you. We'll definitely get you mind on another track!!!
That's funny Marilyn because before I started dating my ex my plan was to find a job in the US in one of the southern states and I actually looked at jobs in Texas! I did some checking on it again last week and realized that if I did that now I'd take a huge cut in my salary, but who knows what's gonna happen in a year or two. I think I need some adventure in my life!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #50
blowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Well HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

I check here everyday and I didn't see it was your birthday. I hope you had a great one!!

Thank you Janet...We went out with a couple of friends then ended up at a social club that we belong to...just for a couple of drinks...well, unknown to me there was a surprise b-day party for me!! hubby and my 2 girls put it on for me...I was so surprised!! I NEVER expected it at all...I was shaking so bad I thought I was going to collapse! There were like 100 people there...we had a blast! I told everyone that I didn't want a party but, I'm glad they did it..I have a great hubby and 2 wonderful daughters....My Mom helped alot too!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #51
blowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
I hope you had a wonderful time at your favorite restaurant! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thank you very much...I had a wonderful time..I replied to Janet's post...so you can read what my hubby and girls did for me.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #52
blowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
Happy Birthday!!

Time to celebrate!!!
Thank you!